How to Reach Jaco
- By Air: Jacó is about 80 miles from San Jose's airport. From there, you can use numerous modes of transportation, such as shuttle bus, to reach any part of Jaco. There are frequent buses going directly from the Coca Cola bus station in San Jose. You can use Easy Ride Shuttle Services they run 3 times per day.
- By Car: Drive from San Jose past San Ramon toward Puntarenas, until you get to highway 27. Go south on 27 and follow the signs to Jaco. It's further but much faster since it is not a mountain road. Another plus is that you can stop at the bridge over the Tarcoles River along the way.
- By Bus: There is a bus that travels into Jaco from San Jose.
- By Foot: Jaco is small and getting to each destination is not impossible. The more athletically inclined will enjoy walking through the city.
- By Taxi: There are ‘Red Taxis’ that will take you from place to place. All official taxis have clearly recognizable meters.
- By Bus: There are buses that travel all around the city. At the Northern end of Jaco, across from the Best Western hotel is the official bus station.