Jaco Beach, Jaco
About Jaco Beach, Jaco
Jaco Beach, Jaco - Address
Address: Off Jaco, Costa Rica
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 9.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Leisure
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Surf’s up. It’s the crack of dawn and waves of pure energy that travelled miles upon miles to reach the beach beckon you. The beach can turn you into a couch potato but the true surfer in you will make you take the plunge. If surfing is not enough to give you a rippled body, experience the art of manliness at night .Feel dazed and blown away, feel like a Spartan, feasting and partying till the wee hours of the morning at Jaco Beach.
Jaco beach is the ultimate vacation destination. Do some research before you head off to the beach, for the variety of packages and tours that awaits you, all kinds of opportunity not to be missed. Jaco beach has stunning black sand which runs for miles on end and is the home to many thousands of tourists throughout the year. Jaco beach has countless recreational attractions which are tempting and charming.
This beach offers surfers good waves for beginners and some awesome waves for the seasoned surfer. It’s a clean beach to relax and sun bathe and you can hear the waves crash on the beach, day and night. As you head out of the warm water watch the sun set below the horizon. Soon it is night and the alluring attraction begins. After the day’s surfing and sunning comes to an end, Jaco beach lights up with fun and laughter, intense partying where you lose sense of time and get wild. The beach comes alive with vigorous intensity and diversity. There are casinos, little shacks, bars, and fancy restaurants all along the beach and people flock together to party all night.
The Monkey Bar, Beatle Bar, Los Amigos Bar, Le Loft, Plankton and Malecon Bar come alive with the beat of hip hop music, high energy, and endless good food. Plankton Bar is the first to open on the beach and the newest hot spot is Hotel Cocal with its bachelor’s parties, slots, poker and wonderful, charming women. Chances are you will be a changed person after this vacation at Jaco Beach.
Jaco Beach Information
- North end of the beach is rugged and rocky. It has fierce rip tides and the sand is sticky and wet, not recommended for swimming. Wear water shoes to avoid getting cut.
- The South end of the beach is great for surfing and boogie boarding but not good for swimming because of the high rip tides.
- It has surf schools.
- People peddle their wares from vases to purses, hats and jewellery.
- People also peddle marijuana and alcohol.
- The river mouth of the beach is home to crocodiles, so stay clear from that area.
- Buy your toiletries and personal items from the city since here everything is pricey.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Carry your sun tan lotion because it gets very hot during the day and the sun’s rays can be scorching.
How To reach Jaco Beach by Public Transport
- There are airport shuttles and buses which take you from the airport to the beach.
Restaurants Near Jaco Beach
- Moose's- Hawaiian
- Los Amigos- Costa Rican
- Clarita’s Beach Bar & Sports Grill- Costa Rican
- Graffiti Restro Cafe & Wine bar- Cajun, Creole, Eclectic, Californian, Wine bar.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jaco Beach, Jaco Reviews - Write a Review
One of the less beautiful beaches I saw in Costa Rica. No nice Sand but many rocks and brown soil. A bit dirty and surrounded by high ugly buildings with fences at the city side... But as always those that are willing to Walk a few kilometers will find some beautiful Spots!!!
Beautiful beach with black sand. The water is the warmest I've ever swam in and the beach is beautiful. It's more of a tourist area so more of the local speak English here. We drove out for the evening from San Jose and we had a great time.
Great time. Yes there is rocks, but the people were amazing! The group I was in, they learned how to surf and the guys at tico surf lessons were awesome teachers! If you can't handle the rocks just bring water shoes. Easy fix. This is a great beach! I went in the water and it was warm. And the food in town was awesome!
It was nice and quiet when I went. But I went to the part that was in front of the hotels. It felt like people from the hotel could be watching you so that felt weird. However, the beach itself was quiet, not crowded and had nice atmosphere.
If you're looking for an amazing experience in a beautiful beach this isn't the place, many buildings make this beach loose it's own essence.
- Nearby Attractions
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Villa Lapas Hotel
- Soda Jacó Rústico
- Hermosa Riders Surf School
- Jaco Tours & Sportfishing
- Hotel Pumilio
- Howling Monkey Adventures
- Beds On Bohio
- Hotel Ibiza
- Jaco Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jaco
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jaco
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jaco
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jaco
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jaco
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jaco