Surf’s up. It’s the crack of dawn and waves of pure energy that travelled miles upon miles to reach the beach beckon you. The beach can turn you into a couch potato but the true surfer in you will make you take the plunge. If surfing is not enough to give you a rippled body, experience the art of manliness at night .Feel dazed and blown away, feel like a Spartan, feasting and partying till the wee hours of the morning at Jaco Beach.
Jaco beach is the ultimate vacation destination. Do some research before you head off to the beach, for the variety of packages and tours that awaits you, all kinds of opportunity not to be missed. Jaco beach has stunning black sand which runs for miles on end and is the home to many thousands of tourists throughout the year. Jaco beach has countless recreational attractions which are tempting and charming.
This beach offers surfers good waves for beginners and some awesome waves for the seasoned surfer. It’s a clean beach to relax and sun bathe and you can hear the waves crash on the beach, day and night. As you head out of the warm water watch the sun set below the horizon. Soon it is night and the alluring attraction begins. After the day’s surfing and sunning comes to an end, Jaco beach lights up with fun and laughter, intense partying where you lose sense of time and get wild. The beach comes alive with vigorous intensity and diversity. There are casinos, little shacks, bars, and fancy restaurants all along the beach and people flock together to party all night.
The Monkey Bar, Beatle Bar, Los Amigos Bar, Le Loft, Plankton and Malecon Bar come alive with the beat of hip hop music, high energy, and endless good food. Plankton Bar is the first to open on the beach and the newest hot spot is Hotel Cocal with its bachelor’s parties, slots, poker and wonderful, charming women. Chances are you will be a changed person after this vacation at Jaco Beach.
Jaco Beach Travel Tips
- North end of the beach is rugged and rocky. It has fierce rip tides and the sand is sticky and wet, not recommended for swimming. Wear water shoes to avoid getting cut.
- The South end of the beach is great for surfing and boogie boarding but not good for swimming because of the high rip tides.
- It has surf schools.
- People peddle their wares from vases to purses, hats and jewellery.
- People also peddle marijuana and alcohol.
- The river mouth of the beach is home to crocodiles, so stay clear from that area.
- Buy your toiletries and personal items from the city since here everything is pricey.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Carry your sun tan lotion because it gets very hot during the day and the sun’s rays can be scorching.
How to Reach Jaco Beach
- There are airport shuttles and buses which take you from the airport to the beach.
- Moose's- Hawaiian
- Los Amigos- Costa Rican
- Clarita’s Beach Bar & Sports Grill- Costa Rican
- Graffiti Restro Cafe & Wine bar- Cajun, Creole, Eclectic, Californian, Wine bar.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Jaco include Jaco Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
57.53% of people start their Jaco Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jaco Beach
62.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jaco Beach
Jaco Beach Reviews & Ratings
We would like to go whale watching in or near Jacó. Is mid-October a good time for that? We are planning on going there on a Tuesday, back on Thursday or FridayAnswer Report Abuse
The best time for whale watching at Jaco Beach is from August to December. If you are planning to visit in mid-October, you will see whales.Report Abuse