Jaco BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Off Jaco, Costa Rica
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Leisure
Jaco Beach - Review
Surf’s up. It’s the crack of dawn and waves of pure energy that travelled miles upon miles to reach the beach beckon you. The beach can turn you into a couch potato but the true surfer in you will make you take the plunge. If surfing is not enough to give you a rippled body, experience the art of manliness at night .Feel dazed and blown away, feel like a Spartan, feasting and partying till the wee hours of the morning at Jaco Beach.
Jaco beach is the ultimate vacation destination. Do some research before you head off to the beach, for the variety of packages and tours that awaits you, all kinds of opportunity not to be missed. Jaco beach has stunning black sand which runs for miles on end and is the home to many thousands of tourists throughout the year. Jaco beach has countless recreational attractions which are tempting and charming.
This beach offers surfers good waves for beginners and some awesome waves for the seasoned surfer. It’s a clean beach to relax and sun bathe and you can hear the waves crash on the beach, day and night. As you head out of the warm water watch the sun set below the horizon. Soon it is night and the alluring attraction begins. After the day’s surfing and sunning comes to an end, Jaco beach lights up with fun and laughter, intense partying where you lose sense of time and get wild. The beach comes alive with vigorous intensity and diversity. There are casinos, little shacks, bars, and fancy restaurants all along the beach and people flock together to party all night.
The Monkey Bar, Beatle Bar, Los Amigos Bar, Le Loft, Plankton and Malecon Bar come alive with the beat of hip hop music, high energy, and endless good food. Plankton Bar is the first to open on the beach and the newest hot spot is Hotel Cocal with its bachelor’s parties, slots, poker and wonderful, charming women. Chances are you will be a changed person after this vacation at Jaco Beach.
Jaco Beach Information
- North end of the beach is rugged and rocky. It has fierce rip tides and the sand is sticky and wet, not recommended for swimming. Wear water shoes to avoid getting cut.
- The South end of the beach is great for surfing and boogie boarding but not good for swimming because of the high rip tides.
- It has surf schools.
- People peddle their wares from vases to purses, hats and jewellery.
- People also peddle marijuana and alcohol.
- The river mouth of the beach is home to crocodiles, so stay clear from that area.
- Buy your toiletries and personal items from the city since here everything is pricey.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Carry your sun tan lotion because it gets very hot during the day and the sun’s rays can be scorching.
How To reach Jaco Beach by Public Transport
- There are airport shuttles and buses which take you from the airport to the beach.
Restaurants Near Jaco Beach
- Moose's- Hawaiian
- Los Amigos- Costa Rican
- Clarita’s Beach Bar & Sports Grill- Costa Rican
- Graffiti Restro Cafe & Wine bar- Cajun, Creole, Eclectic, Californian, Wine bar.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jaco Beach
95% of people who visit Jaco include Jaco Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50% of people start their Jaco Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jaco Beach
63.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jaco Beach
Jaco Beach Map
Jaco Beach Trips
1 View19 Days 18 Nights19 Day Trip to Monteverde, Jaco, Liberia, AlajuelaBy: Guest UserCity: Monteverde, Jaco, Liberia, Alajuela, La Fortuna, Tamarindo
Jaco Beach, Jaco Reviews
The beach itself is slightly rocky but it has magnificent vistas. It isn't crowded which makes it the ideal place to relax while listening to the surf and waves. Bring a beach towel and a good book and watch the dusk arrive.
Safety: The beach seem safe during the day. I wouldn't recommend hanging out after sunset. It is located along the strip. Cleanliness: The beach was okay. I saw some visitors cleaning the beach. There was a couple of beer cans here and there. They have trash cans. Crowd: The beach wasn't very crowded. It was actually very peaceful. You do have locals who will try to sell you things as well as a guy riding a horse who will offer you ride with the horse for a price. Wildlife: I saw hermit crabs along the shore. I didn't see any birds. Not much wild life to see here. Ambience: Not as gorgeous as other beach, but it's nice none the less. The beach is covered with small and large rocks. The beach is very flat, which is perfect for playing sports like football and soccer. The sand is average. It has a dark look to it.
I love it here. My family and I have been there 3 times so far.
Real nice getaway area, a bit secluded to get to, worth the drive
Very nice beach. Much more down to earth (and less crowded) than other beaches I have been too in Hawaii or Puerto Rico, nice stip of shops and restaurants nearby on Avenue Diaz.
All QuestionsJaco beach
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal