Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls, Jaco
About Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls, Jaco
Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls, Jaco - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1000 Bijagual Road, Jaco 00423, Costa Rica
Ticket Price: 20 CRC
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Water Body, Garden, View Point, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Although it is a garden, it is more like a jungle with a huge treasure trove. It is serene in some parts and broken by the drones of insects in other parts. A waterfall cascades down carrying twigs and leaves into the pool below. There are intermittent shades along the garden where you can hear bird songs rise and fall in sweet melodious chorus. The trees seem to be tightly knit into a massive web of life, and the scent of earth and water drifts through the air. It is a picture of beauty, it is the Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfall at Costa Rica.
Manicured walkways wind along a river taking you through panoramic views of the coastline and surrounding mountains. You will be in awe over the constant surprises you see along the trail. Flowers sprout up in an amazing harmony of colours, yellow, red, purple, and greens dazzle in front of you. David Stannard, owner of this garden planted nearly 400 species of endemic plants over a 60 acre of garden. Shallow valleys and ridges line the mountain to the top and there you get to view the spectacular Bijagual waterfall, one of the tallest waterfalls in Costa Rica at more than 600 feet, and the surrounding rainforest.
60,000 beauteous and soothing flowers sway in the breeze. There are 60 varieties of Heliconias, ginger, banana and orchids. Butterflies are abundant in the garden, and this garden is a bird watchers paradise. Macaws and Toucans are there to greet you daily, and birds such as parakeets, parrots, trogons, kingfishers, and other waterfowls have been sighted as well. Reptiles and amphibians such as iguanas and frogs have made their homes here.
The Garden has restaurants with both local and international cuisine. A gift shop selling handicrafts and local artworks is also found in the garden. Functions are arranged so that guest can enjoy dinner under the stars and participate in dancing and entertainment.
Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls Information
- Bring cameras and binoculars for bird watching, and wear hiking shoes, since the trail is steep.
- Carry a first aid kit, swimsuit, and sunblock along with a hat and towel.
- There are torrential rains so be sure to take your rain coat, or umbrella.
- It gets muddy when it rains and very slippery so take the walking stick offered by the management.
- This place is not fit for people in wheelchairs.
- Some of the benches are covered with huge cutter ants, so watch out before you sit down.
Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls Ticket Prices
- Adult: $ 20
- Children: $10.
Restaurants Near Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls
- Graffitti Restro Cafe & Wine Bar- Cajun, Creole, Californian, Eclectic.
- Moose’s- Hawaiian
- Clarita’s Beach Bar & Sports Grill- Costa Rican
- I love Sushi- America, Sushi, Seafood, Costa Rican.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls, Jaco Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Graffiti Restro Cafe & Wine Bar
- Best Western Jaco Beach Resort
- Villa Lapas Hotel
- Soda Jacó Rústico
- Hermosa Riders Surf School
- Jaco Tours & Sportfishing
- Howling Monkey Adventures
- Hotel Pumilio
- Beds On Bohio
- Hotel Ibiza
- Jaco Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jaco
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jaco
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jaco
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jaco
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jaco
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jaco