Although it is a garden, it is more like a jungle with a huge treasure trove. It is serene in some parts and broken by the drones of insects in other parts. A waterfall cascades down carrying twigs and leaves into the pool below. There are intermittent shades along the garden where you can hear bird songs rise and fall in sweet melodious chorus. The trees seem to be tightly knit into a massive web of life, and the scent of earth and water drifts through the air. It is a picture of beauty, it is the Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfall at Costa Rica.
Manicured walkways wind along a river taking you through panoramic views of the coastline and surrounding mountains. You will be in awe over the constant surprises you see along the trail. Flowers sprout up in an amazing harmony of colours, yellow, red, purple, and greens dazzle in front of you. David Stannard, owner of this garden planted nearly 400 species of endemic plants over a 60 acre of garden. Shallow valleys and ridges line the mountain to the top and there you get to view the spectacular Bijagual waterfall, one of the tallest waterfalls in Costa Rica at more than 600 feet, and the surrounding rainforest.
60,000 beauteous and soothing flowers sway in the breeze. There are 60 varieties of Heliconias, ginger, banana and orchids. Butterflies are abundant in the garden, and this garden is a bird watchers paradise. Macaws and Toucans are there to greet you daily, and birds such as parakeets, parrots, trogons, kingfishers, and other waterfowls have been sighted as well. Reptiles and amphibians such as iguanas and frogs have made their homes here.
The Garden has restaurants with both local and international cuisine. A gift shop selling handicrafts and local artworks is also found in the garden. Functions are arranged so that guest can enjoy dinner under the stars and participate in dancing and entertainment.
Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls Travel Tips
- Bring cameras and binoculars for bird watching, and wear hiking shoes, since the trail is steep.
- Carry a first aid kit, swimsuit, and sunblock along with a hat and towel.
- There are torrential rains so be sure to take your rain coat, or umbrella.
- It gets muddy when it rains and very slippery so take the walking stick offered by the management.
- This place is not fit for people in wheelchairs.
- Some of the benches are covered with huge cutter ants, so watch out before you sit down.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls
- Adult: $ 20
- Children: $10.
- Graffitti Restro Cafe & Wine Bar- Cajun, Creole, Californian, Eclectic.
- Moose’s- Hawaiian
- Clarita’s Beach Bar & Sports Grill- Costa Rican
- I love Sushi- America, Sushi, Seafood, Costa Rican.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.31% of people who visit Jaco include Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
46.43% of people start their Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pura Vida Gardens Waterfalls