Rain Forest Adventures599 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Front Patio Bar, Playa Jaco, Costa Rica Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-86394529
- Ticket Price: 100 CRC
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Educational Site, Adventure
The tropical rainforest has no annual rhythm, rather each species of tree has evolved its own flowering and fruiting seasons. Animals are mostly tree dwellers. The harmony between animals and trees make the rainforest the most complex biome on earth. One remarkable inhabitant of this Rain Forest is Costa Rica’s unique tree called the kerosene tree named for its flammable sap!
Although Jaco is known for its beach, the Rain Forest Adventures has its own charm and fame. The 220 acre reserve has an aerial tram, zip line tour and serpentarium and Heliconia and medicinal gardens. To get to the rainforest you have to go through meadows covered with wildflower.
Costa Rica’s hospitality is epic and the guides in the rainforest adventure reserve is very knowledgeable. They love their jobs and are very passionate about the rain forest and their country. It’s a day long adventure in the reserve with includes various activities. At the zip lining area, there are attendants on both ends. The guides will first teach you how to use the harness and tell you the safety features before you zip off to the other side. Even elderly people can enjoy this since the staff ensures maximum safety.
The Nature tours are very educational. It’s a world within a world. You see different species of heliconia, namely lobster claws and false bird of paradise together with 90 other plants. The tour includes a visit to the serpentarium which has aquariums to house colourful local snakes. There are nine different terrariums holding 15 species such as the Boa Constrictor, Neotropical Rattlesnake, and the palm pit Viper.
You can spot monkeys and other tree dwelling animals on your walk, and finally the tour ends with a delicious lunch at a mountain cabin.
Rain Forest Adventures Travel Tips
- Carry binoculars to see wildlife through the open jeeps.
- Sunset view is picture postcard perfect.
- They will not rush you, so take time to learn about the different adventures.
- Old people can also take the tour.
- Senior citizens can zip line.
- They will try to sell you a group photo, but you can decline politely.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rain Forest Adventures
- Package starts at $ 100.
- New 6-in-1 complete tour.
- 50% discount for students with valid ID.
- Family tour package.
- Save money and buy tickets online and get 10% discount.
- Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar- Cajun and Creole, Eclectic, Californian, Wine Bar.
- Tarruzu Beach- Coffee
- Moose’s- Hawaiian
- Los Amigos- Costa Rican
- Clarita’s Beach Bar and Sports grill- Costa Rican
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Rain Forest Adventures Address: Front Patio Bar, Playa Jaco, Costa Rica
- Rain Forest Adventures Contact Number: +506-86394529
- Rain Forest Adventures Timing: 07:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Rain Forest Adventures Price: 100 CRC
- Time required to visit Rain Forest Adventures: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
55.77% of people who visit Jaco include Rain Forest Adventures in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.36% of people start their Rain Forest Adventures visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Rain Forest Adventures
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rain Forest Adventures
People normally club together Discovery Horse Tours and Kayak Jaco while planning their visit to Rain Forest Adventures.