Rain Forest Aerial TramsCurrently Open
- Address: Principla, Jaco Centro, Jaco 1959-1002 Costa Rica
- Timings: 07:45 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +506-22575961
- Ticket Price: 85 CRC
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cable Car
Glide through the air, over the time old canopies of the rainforest. Here Nature rules and man is an outsider. Discover the hidden secrets from an awe-inspiring perspective. Learn the importance of the rainforest from ground to the treetop. Take a ride in the rain forest Aerial Tram and immerse yourself to the mysterious world laying below.
The trams which are called gondolas are open with roofs and canvas awnings. They seat 8 passengers and a naturalist guide who will reveal the secrets of the rainforest from a bird’s eye view. The hanging gardens are exuberant dotted with small waterfalls and giant rainforest trees. The panoramic view of the Pacific coastline is stunning from this vantage point. The entire forest is 90 hectares and the rugged topography of the forest means that the tram skims the forest floor then soars to a maximum height of 130 feet above a rugged valley.
In order to create awareness and appreciation of the vanishing but vastly important rainforest of our world, this reserve was formed. Spot elusive birds from the air, hear wild animals in the jungle below and feel the vibration of the forest from the tram. You can see the 40 foot waterfall from afar. Eager to find light and space, many species of plants and wildlife have colonized the treetops turning them into a free functioning eco system. Prime forest covers the grounds with trees reaching up to 150 feet in height. The older years date back as far as 200 years, extend their branches to the ground in a layer of dense leaves. Ferns, palm and other brushes grow like a thick carpet on the ground and there are small streams to keep the undergrowth moist all year round.
After you get picked up from the hotel in Jaco, the guide will take you to the scenic Costa Rican rain forest for the one and half hour tram ride.
Rain Forest Aerial Trams Travel Tips
- Carry a light weight rain jacket, camera, hat and binoculars to spot animals.
- Wear close toed shoes for comfort.
- A bilingual guide is provided on the tour.
- There is pick up and drop off included in the tour package.
- Entrance fee is also included in the tour package.
Rain Forest Aerial Trams Hours
- The other timings are 10.40 am & 1.40 pm.
- Restaurante PuraVida Jaco- Costa Rican
- Lemon Zest Restaurant- International
- Restaurant Seafood El Hicaco- Seafood
- The Wok- Asian fusion
- Cafe Sonrisa Bella- Cafe, seafood, contemporary, bar, pizza and pasta, gastro pub.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaco before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaco and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.44% of people who visit Jaco include Rain Forest Aerial Trams in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
54.95% of people start their Rain Forest Aerial Trams visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rain Forest Aerial Trams
93.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rain Forest Aerial Trams