Albert Hall Museum, JaipurCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Ramniwas Bag, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1412570099
- Ticket Price: 300 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture , Photo Gallery, Specialty Museum
About Albert Hall Museum, Jaipur
A very old and prestigious museum of Jaipur, the Albert hall Museum is a wonderful place to visit. It is named in honour of King Albert Edward VII of England due to the fact that it was he who had inaugurated it. It lies beyond the original walled city. Builtby Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob it was inaugurated sometime in the late 19th century.
Maharaja Ram Singh wanted the building to be a town hall; however, the next king- Maharaja Madho Singh II let it remain a museum. Jaipur’s amazing cultural heritage finds a home in this museum. The most impressive objects on display are the artefacts and oil paintings, water colour portraits and landscapes along with several articles made of ivory and stone, along with mesmerizing crystal artistry and metal sculptures.
The fusion of the Indo-Saracenic culture is definitely worth admiring, making this museum quite an important monument to view as well.
albert hall museum is one of the most amazing tourist attractions in Rajasthan Itinerary 2 Weeks
Albert Hall Museum Information
- A royal suites and rooms of the fort are interconnected through secured passages and bear delicate artistries on wall fresco. The fort had also been the venue for the historical Treaty between the Jaipur and the Maratha soldiers.
Albert Hall Museum Ticket Prices
- Indian Visitor: Rs 40
- Indian Student: Rs 20
- Overseas visitor: Rs 300
- Overseas Student: Rs 150
- For various combinations of tickets with other attractions, refer to the website.
Albert Hall Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Please check the official website before visiting.
How To reach Albert Hall Museum by Public Transport
- Bus stop: Opposite Maharani College, Sawai Ram Singh Rd, Panch Batti, Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001
Restaurants Near Albert Hall Museum
- Mansingh Towers
- Raj Palace
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Albert Hall Museum
10.45% of people who visit Jaipur include Albert Hall Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
45.05% of people start their Albert Hall Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Albert Hall Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Albert Hall Museum
Albert Hall Museum, Jaipur Reviews
Beautiful hall. Too many great collections of pottery, small paintings, antiques. Also an amazing display of various cultures. There is mummy also in the display. Polite staff members and helpful. Night fare is 100 for Indian and foreign tourists but morning fare is cheaper for Indian tourists but expensive for foreign tourists. The night visit gives a beautiful view of the hall.
What a fantastic sight ! The building itself is marvelous and strikes you every time you pass by, especially during the night. I haven't gone inside the museum as I was late for the day, but still had a great time just standing and watching the structure from outside in the evening as the city traffic passed around it. One of the most beautiful structures in India, probably the most beautifully constructed museum in India. There is a lot of space in front of the museum for a handout in the evenings.
Beautiful museum. Well maintained. You have an audio tour. There's even an Egyptian mummy here. Old coins from various periods. And various interesting artifacts to see. Plus it's open till 10pm in the night, and u can see it beautifully lit in the dark.
1. Must visit if you like seeing museums. The artifacts on display have been well maintained and arranged in a manner to give you a visual treat. 2. You must read the history behind the things on display which is written besides each one of them. It is quite interesting. 3. We visited the Museum at night and it was a treat to witness the architecture of the beautiful Albert Hall lit up at night. 4. You will get a good idea of the beauty of Blue pottery of Jaipur before you actually head to a store to buy them.
Wonderful Museum! Well, I enjoyed a lot. According to me, the best inside the museum was the 'Mummy' sector! It just created a horrific environment when I went inside the hall. There was a real 'Mummy'. Inside the room, there was whole description of the 'Mummy', mummification, etc. I just enjoyed a lot and want everyone to visit this place.