Amer Fort6628 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1412530293
- Ticket Price: 500 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
Located a short distance from the Pink City, Amer Fort is a regal structure built on the top of a hill by Raja Man Singh I of Jaipur. The fort is an absolute must-visit on your trip to Jaipur. Amer Fort tickets are available on the spot but it is recommended you buy tickets for Amer Fort in advance. This can be done through our ticket section, where you can also look through Amer Fort tickets for various tour options.
About 11 kilometres away from Jaipur, you will find the town of Amer, where the Amber fort is situated. It was built by Raja Man Singh I and is located upon a hill. Traditional Hindu and Rajput influences on the architecture are apparent. There are spacious courtyards on all four levels red sandstone and marble are the beautiful materials that make up the buildings. The artistry is especially impressive in the two halls known as the Diwan-i-Am and the Diwan-i-Khas.
Moreover, the Mirror Palace named as the Sheesh Mahal (Amer Fort mirror room) features the usage of patterned and geometrically cut and assorted glass. A famous attraction of the Amber Fort is the display of the fresco of the “magic flower”, which is engraved in the marble of one of the supporting pillars of the Sheesh Mahal. You can even try the Amer Fort Elephant ride tour for an even thrilling time.
Although the Sheesh Mahal is a certain distance away from Jaipur it is well worth the visit. Some of the most exquisite displays of Indian architecture can be seen here. The rich and rare construction of the interiors is undoubtedly one of the most astonishing sights in the world.
amer fort is one of the most amazing tourist attractions in Rajasthan Itinerary 2 Weeks
Amer Fort Travel Tips
- A famous attraction of the Amber Fort is the display of the fresco of the “magic flower”, which is engraved in the marble of one of the supporting pillars of the Sheesh Mahal.
- Amer Fort Light Show is held in the evening.
Entrance Ticket Details For Amer Fort
- Indian: Rs. 25.00, Student: Rs. 10
- Foreigner: Rs. 200, Student: Rs. 100
- Light show entry fees in English: Rs 200
- Light show entry fees in Hindi: Rs. 100
- Elephant Ride at Amber Palace for two persons Rs. 900
Amer Fort Hours
Amer Fort timings for Light Shows Timing (Onwords)
- In English : 7.30 pm
- In Hindi : 8:00 PM
How to Reach Amer Fort
- By bus or taxi from Jaipur.
- Moon Stone Restaurant
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Blue Coriander
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.08% of people who visit Jaipur include Amer Fort in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
56.35% of people start their Amer Fort visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Amer Fort
92.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Amer Fort