Hawa Mahal10718 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Johari Bazar Rd, Badi Choupad, Badi Chaupar, Pink CIty, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1412618862
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Landmark, Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Facade of the Hawa Mahal Jaipur is indubitably one of the most gorgeous and impressive things you will see in the world. The five storeys and the front facade have amazing and extensive networked marble work done upon them. The 953 windows called jharokhas are an astonishing sight. They were designed in the way so as to aid privacy.
Hawa Mahal Jaipur Architecture: The design of the jharokhas allows one to be able to observe the exterior without being seen. The lattice structures also facilitated the inwards flow and retaining of the fresh and cool air within the building as a result of the lattice network. The exterior and the walls of the palace are built of mostly red and pink sandstones. This is a Mughal architecture designed by Sawai Pratap Singh, Lal Chand Ustad.
The Hawa Mahal is an amazing amalgamation of cultures. The Mughal and the Rajput architecture as well as customs have been married beautifully here. The interior of the palace is built of varieties of coloured stones, gems, and chiefly marble. The inner courtyards are adorned with decorated fountains. Hawa Mahal is one attraction that stands synonymous with Jaipur and is thus a must visit.
Hawa mahal is one of the attractions in Rajasthan Itinerary 2 Weeks
Hawa Mahal Travel Tips
- The Hawa Mahal symbolizes a rich blend and fusion of the architectural culture of the native reign of Rajputs and their architecture with the Islam featuring Mughal architecture.
- The interior of the palace are built of varieties of coloured stones, gems, and chiefly marble. The inner courtyards are adorned with decorated fountains.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hawa Mahal
- Indian tourists: INR 10, Foreigners: INR 50
How to Reach Hawa Mahal
- Nearest Bus stop: Hawa Mahal Bus stop and Badi Chopad Bus Stop
- Hotel Simla
- Laxmi Mishthaan Bhandar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
85.27% of people who visit Jaipur include Hawa Mahal in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.44% of people start their Hawa Mahal visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Hawa Mahal
73.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hawa Mahal