Lakshmi Narayan TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Shanti Path, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1412621521
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Laxmi Narayan Temple, built in the honour of the God Vishnu or Narayana, and Goddess Laxmi is one of the important places for religious Hindus in Jaipur. The main temple premises also include the temples of Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, and Lord Buddha. The premises are huge and are home to several smaller shrines as well as ponds and the like. The white marble makes the temple look magnificent during the night. At night the premises are also brightly lit. The stained glass work depicting events from Hindu mythology are simply superlative. Interestingly, the lives of Socrates, Jesus Christ, Confucius and various religious founders have also been depicted in this place.
The carvings on the exterior of the temple are also worth seeing.
Explore India in just 2 weeks with best guide India Itinerary 2 Weeks
- The exteriors of the Laxmi Narayan Temple bear exceptional majestic sculptures depicting the various mythological themes, whereas the interiors bear the illustrations of the events stated in the mythologies.
- Nearest Bus Stop: University Bus stop
- Hotel Narain Niwas Palace
- The Woodsvilla Suites
- Jai Villas Homestay
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.07% of people who visit Jaipur include Lakshmi Narayan Temple in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
93.06% of people start their Lakshmi Narayan Temple visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lakshmi Narayan Temple
92.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lakshmi Narayan Temple
Good place to worship..One of the Oldest Temples in Jaipur