Surya MandirCurrently Closed
- Address: Sun Temple (Surya Mandir), Galta Ji, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302003, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9982984267
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Perched high above on the hill, the Surya Mandir or Temple is a beautiful place for worship and practising spiritual faith. People visit it for its relaxed atmosphere, located away from the din of the city. From the height of this temple, you can also experience beautiful views of the city and beyond. During the sunset, the temple seems even more beautiful and from here the city looks even more alluring when lighted and seen from distance.
- Entry is free.
- By Bus station: Galta Ji Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaipur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaipur and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.76% of people who visit Jaipur include Surya Mandir in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
95% of people start their Surya Mandir visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Surya Mandir
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Surya Mandir
Nothing to see. You get a better view of the city from Nahargarh. The ascent to the temple is dirty tedious and filled with wild monkeys. Some pics of the place on google with lake and beautiful architecture are misleading. Please avoid
1. You need to climb few hundred steps / slope to reach this location 2. Famous Shiv Temple (Galta) is located on the other side of the hill, you may go there by same / adjoining route. 3. There are lots of Monkeys here... few goats too. Enjoy watching them avoid carrying any food. 4. Carry water, you might need it especially in summer time. 5. Best time to visit this place is at early morning just before sunrise. 6. Not very crowded but there are always people around. 7. Cab service like Ola & Uber is available to and from this location 8. Way to this place might be clean or dirty depending on the mood of locals and government. 9. There are no charges to enter this location from city side... however you might be charged Rs. 50 per person in case you are not Indian and Visiting other side of the mountain (Galta Side) 10. There are many nice temples here other then Sun Temple, however Sun Temple is at the top 11. All phone network works well including Data.
Beautiful view of Jaipur city from this holy shrine.
Clean and maintained well. You will get a fabulous view of whole Jaipur city.
Climbing is easy and fast, buy some stuff (peanuts or fruits) to feed monkeys. Because of them it smell here but it's OK and monkeys are friendly. It's a small temple but well built 300 y ago. View on jaipur is nice