Jaisalmer, “The Golden City” is one of the most spectacular places to see in Rajasthan. This beautiful city is home to beautiful architecture, stunning natural sites as well as a rich history and vibrant tradition.
A trip to Jaisalmer is undoubtedly memorable. How can it not be? With the intricate, detailed architecture that is typical of the royal era of Rajasthan is simply stunning. The wild, vast and wonderful desert is an ethereal beauty like no other. The people, the traditions, the folk art dance and music only add to the richness of the experience.
In short, Jaisalmer is that remarkable land where the past and the present go hand in hand in an exotic cultural feast. The city is a treat for the cultural tourist.
Essential travel information and Jaisalmer tips for your visit
- Time Zone- GMT +5.30
- Currency- Indian Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: Electricity is 220-240 volts. You get fast speed internet with Wifi being available in majority of hotels. There are internet cafes available all across the city.
- Languages- Mewari is the predominant language. People also understand Hindi and English.
- Security: Numbers for emergency Ambulance - 108, Fire- 101, Police 100
- Tipping: Tipping is appreciated but optional.
- Go for authorised guides and avoid signing up for guides on the spot. The unauthorised guides charge a lot and you can end up paying more.
- Remove your footwear before entering the temple. It’s not allowed in India.
- Dress modestly and don’t roam around alone at night.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jaisalmer
Save 8%Overnight stay in the Desert4 Reviews
Duration: 21 Hrs
Enjoy the view of the Great Thar Desert from our Camel safari tour. from the pick-up point of City we will take you to cultur...
Save 4%Jaisalmer To Udaipur With 1 Night Stay At Rawla NarlaiNew on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Days
Enjoy a hassle-free private transfer With Night Stay AtRawla Narlai We will pick you up at Jaisalmer Airport, Jaisalmer Railw...
Save 7%Full-Day Private Jaisalmer City Tour with Havelis and Camel Ride2 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
On this 10-hour tour, you will visit the honey-colored Jaisalmer fort that emerges from the flat dry desert sands and Salim S...
Save 7%Private Full-Day City Tour of Jaisalmer1 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Jaisalmer, also called the "Golden City," is the desert city in Rajasthan. It looks like a massive sandcastle rising from the...