Visit Jaisalmer - Best of Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer, “The Golden City” is one of the most spectacular places to see in Rajasthan. This beautiful city is home to beautiful architecture, stunning natural sites as well as a rich history and vibrant tradition.
A trip to Jaisalmer is undoubtedly memorable. How can it not be? With the intricate, detailed architecture that is typical of the royal era of Rajasthan is simply stunning. The wild, vast and wonderful desert is an ethereal beauty like no other. The people, the traditions, the folk art dance and music only add to the richness of the experience.
In short, Jaisalmer is that remarkable land where the past and the present go hand in hand in an exotic cultural feast. The city is a treat for the cultural tourist.
Jaisalmer Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Jaisalmer tips for your visit
- Time Zone- GMT +5.30
- Currency- Indian Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: Electricity is 220-240 volts. You get fast speed internet with Wifi being available in majority of hotels. There are internet cafes available all across the city.
- Languages- Mewari is the predominant language. People also understand Hindi and English.
- Security: Numbers for emergency Ambulance - 108, Fire- 101, Police 100
- Tipping: Tipping is appreciated but optional.
- Go for authorised guides and avoid signing up for guides on the spot. The unauthorised guides charge a lot and you can end up paying more.
- Remove your footwear before entering the temple. It’s not allowed in India.
- Dress modestly and don’t roam around alone at night.
Travel to Jaisalmer- Know before you go to Jaisalmer
Attractions in Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jaisalmer
New on TripHobo Duration: 21 Days
Make the most of your Indian escapade with this tour that covers the cities of Delhi and Agra along with covering 9 major cit...
USD 1500Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 7 Days
The tour gives you 7 days of unforgettable experience in Rajasthan, a land that boasts of myriad colors, rich tradition, awe-...
USD 320.23Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 10 hours
On this 10-hour tour, you will visit the honey-colored Jaisalmer fort that emerges from the flat dry desert sands and Salim S...
USD 52Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 days
Once known as the sleepy desert city, Jaisalmer has now turned up as one of the major tourist destinations of India. Nestled ...