Jaisalmer, “The Golden City” is one of the most spectacular places to see in Rajasthan. This beautiful city is home to beautiful architecture, stunning natural sites as well as a rich history and vibrant tradition.
A trip to Jaisalmer is undoubtedly memorable. How can it not be? With the intricate, detailed architecture that is typical of the royal era of Rajasthan is simply stunning. The wild, vast and wonderful desert is an ethereal beauty like no other. The people, the traditions, the folk art dance and music only add to the richness of the experience.
In short, Jaisalmer is that remarkable land where the past and the present go hand in hand in an exotic cultural feast. The city is a treat for the cultural tourist.
Essential travel information and Jaisalmer tips for your visit
- Time Zone- GMT +5.30
- Currency- Indian Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: Electricity is 220-240 volts. You get fast speed internet with Wifi being available in majority of hotels. There are internet cafes available all across the city.
- Languages- Mewari is the predominant language. People also understand Hindi and English.
- Security: Numbers for emergency Ambulance - 108, Fire- 101, Police 100
- Tipping: Tipping is appreciated but optional.
- Go for authorised guides and avoid signing up for guides on the spot. The unauthorised guides charge a lot and you can end up paying more.
- Remove your footwear before entering the temple. It’s not allowed in India.
- Dress modestly and don’t roam around alone at night.
Jaisalmer Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Jaisalmer. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Jaisalmer trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jaisalmer
Private Transfer From Jaisalmer To Khuri Sand DunesNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Jaisalmer Golden Sweet ExperienceNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Camel Safari Day Tour In JaisalmerNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Overnight stay in the Desert
2 Days4 Reviews
Save 7%Private Full-Day City Tour of Jaisalmer
10 Hrs1 Reviews