Visit Jaisalmer - Best of Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer, “The Golden City” is one of the most spectacular places to see in Rajasthan. This beautiful city is home to beautiful architecture, stunning natural sites as well as a rich history and vibrant tradition.
A trip to Jaisalmer is undoubtedly memorable. How can it not be? With the intricate, detailed architecture that is typical of the royal era of Rajasthan is simply stunning. The wild, vast and wonderful desert is an ethereal beauty like no other. The people, the traditions, the folk art dance and music only add to the richness of the experience.
In short, Jaisalmer is that remarkable land where the past and the present go hand in hand in an exotic cultural feast. The city is a treat for the cultural tourist.
Jaisalmer Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Jaisalmer tips for your visit
- Time Zone- GMT +5.30
- Currency- Indian Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: Electricity is 220-240 volts. You get fast speed internet with Wifi being available in majority of hotels. There are internet cafes available all across the city.
- Languages- Mewari is the predominant language. People also understand Hindi and English.
- Security: Numbers for emergency Ambulance - 108, Fire- 101, Police 100
- Tipping: Tipping is appreciated but optional.
- Go for authorised guides and avoid signing up for guides on the spot. The unauthorised guides charge a lot and you can end up paying more.
- Remove your footwear before entering the temple. It’s not allowed in India.
- Dress modestly and don’t roam around alone at night.
Are you looking for a Jaisalmer travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Jaisalmer Tourist Information
Jaisalmer Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jaisalmer
Save 7%Full-Day Private Jaisalmer City Tour with Havelis and Camel Ride
Duration: 10 Hrs
On this 10-hour tour, you will visit the honey-colored Jaisalmer fort that emerges from the flat dry desert sands and Salim S...
Save 6%Overnight stay in the Desert4 Reviews
Duration: 21 Hrs
Enjoy the view of the Great Thar Desert from our Camel safari tour. from the pick-up point of City we will take you to cultur...
Save 7%Private Full-Day City Tour of Jaisalmer1 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Jaisalmer, also called the "Golden City," is the desert city in Rajasthan. It looks like a massive sandcastle rising from the...
Private Transfer from Jaisalmer to JodhpurNew on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
Enjoy a hassle-free private transfer We will pick you up in the morning at Jaisalmer Airport, Jaisalmer Railway Stationn, Bus...Book Now
Popular Hotels in JaisalmerView all Hotels in Jaisalmer
More about Jaisalmer
Top 10 Ancient Stepwells in IndiaTop 10 Ancient Stepwells in India: These are some of the stepwells in India that you must visit in order to understand the cultural heritage of this nation
Natural Wonders of IndiaHere's a list of natural wonders of India you can add to your bucket list. Pick out the names of the places you wish to visit.
7 Best Spots For Luxury Camping in India in 2018Glamping in India has never been so luxurious, so If you love the outdoors but don't want to get your hands dirty, glamping is just for you. Check out our list!