Desert National Park160 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sam Sand Dunes, Sam, Rajasthan 345001, Jaisalmer, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +91-9784844524
- Ticket Price: 100 INR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Nature, Bird Watching
Located 60 kilometres from Jaisalmer city, the Desert Nation Park is one of the largest national parks in India. The park covers an area of 3162 square kilometres and eventhough the temperatures are not ideal, you can see a variety of flora and fauna here.
The park is the only place where you can see Great Indian Bustard, and spot the Khejri tree and Rohida trees. The fossils found here date back to the Jurassic period and signify a densely forested area that has transformed to the present day desert.
The whole park offers a stunning view of the dessert and is perfect if you love bird-watching and simply seeing the natural beauty that the desert holds.
Desert National Park Travel Tips
- Other Contact No. +91 9610302666
- Carry bottled water and snacks.
- Sunscreen, a cap and sunglasses will be helpful.
Entrance Ticket Details For Desert National Park
- Entry fee: INR 100 per person
- Jeep fee: INR 100
- Guide fee: INR 200
How to Reach Desert National Park
- By renting a Bike/Car
- Ask locals for Bus services.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Desert National Park Address: Sam Sand Dunes, Sam, Rajasthan 345001, Jaisalmer, India
- Desert National Park Contact Number: +91-9784844524
- Desert National Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Desert National Park Price: 100 INR
- Best time to visit Desert National Park(preferred time): 08:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Desert National Park: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
3.14% of people who visit Jaisalmer include Desert National Park in their plan
63.64% of people start their Desert National Park visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Desert National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Desert National Park
People normally club together Bada Bagh and Khaba Fort while planning their visit to Desert National Park.
People also prefer to end their day with Desert National Park.