Jaisalmer Fort4426 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fort Rd, Amar Sagar Pol, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: 91-2992252406
- Ticket Price: 250 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
The Jaisalmer fort was the former Maharaja’s Palace and till today maintains its royal ambience and architecture. The Whole palace is carved out in Sandstone and even though much of the palace is going through restoration work, you can still see the bedroom, the silver coronation throne, the royal bed, local stamps and banknotes, sculptures and weapons kept in the museum. Don’t forget to see the city from the gorgeous Balconies that adorn the fort.
The place arranges audio-tours that is a highlight and gives you a peak into the royal life of Jaisalmer while its sheer history and intricate design mesmerises anyone who visits.
Jaisalmer Fort Travel Tips
- ID, credit card or deposit is needed to use the audio tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jaisalmer Fort
- Entrance feeof Rs. 50/- per person (camera fee Rs.50/- & video camera Rs.100/-) is charged for privately owned Palace museum.
- No entry Fee to the Fort.
Jaisalmer Fort Hours
- Free entry.
How to Reach Jaisalmer Fort
- Bus: Main Bus stop at Jai Narayan Vyas Colony
- By renting a Bike/Car
- By taking a Tuk Tuk
- On foot
- Jaisal Italy
- Lake View Restaurant
- RistoranteItaliano Om
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.88% of people who visit Jaisalmer include Jaisalmer Fort in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.94% of people start their Jaisalmer Fort visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jaisalmer Fort
64.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Jaisalmer Fort