Sam Sand Dunes3264 Votes Currently Open
About 40 Kilometers from the main town, the Sam Sand Dunes are an absolutely stunning natural phenomenon that is a definite must see. When you think of Rajasthan the lovely Thar Desert and this place epitomizes the amazing ethereal beauty that the desert has.
The Sam Sand Dunes are probably best explored on foot as the sand is soft and beautiful but this will get extremely tiring. You can hire a jeep or SUV or take a camel back ride around the area. It is certainly worth the while to view the lovely dunes in the vast and wonderful desert.
If you are lured by the elegant beauty of the desert you can even stay in the tents here which can be found in a variety of price ranges. It is certainly a memorable place to at least visit.
Sam Sand Dunes Travel Tips
- Most places here don’t have their own telephone numbers so call the tourism office for details instead; +91-2992-252406.
- Do not accept any deal from the people running the rides without negotiating the prive first.
- There is no entry fee but you will have to hire a car to the place and pay for the camel rides/ barbeques etc.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sam Sand Dunes
- Free visit.
- Private Operators charge fees for the tours.
How to Reach Sam Sand Dunes
- You will have to go this place by taxi or car.
- Bikaner Restaurant
- Hotel Shahi Palace
- Midtown Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.85% of people who visit Jaisalmer include Sam Sand Dunes in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
48.78% of people start their Sam Sand Dunes visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sam Sand Dunes
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sam Sand Dunes