Sam Sand DunesCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Sam Sand Dunes, Near Toll Beriar, Roght Side On Sam Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: 91-9828178063
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Camp, View Point, Safari, Scenic Drive, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Desert, Sand Dunes, Nature
Sam Sand Dunes - Review
About 40 Kilometers from the main town, the Sam Sand Dunes are an absolutely stunning natural phenomenon that is a definite must see. When you think of Rajasthan the lovely Thar Desert and this place epitomizes the amazing ethereal beauty that the desert has.
The Sam Sand Dunes are probably best explored on foot as the sand is soft and beautiful but this will get extremely tiring. You can hire a jeep or SUV or take a camel back ride around the area. It is certainly worth the while to view the lovely dunes in the vast and wonderful desert.
If you are lured by the elegant beauty of the desert you can even stay in the tents here which can be found in a variety of price ranges. It is certainly a memorable place to at least visit.
Sam Sand Dunes Information
- Most places here don’t have their own telephone numbers so call the tourism office for details instead; +91-2992-252406.
- Do not accept any deal from the people running the rides without negotiating the prive first.
- There is no entry fee but you will have to hire a car to the place and pay for the camel rides/ barbeques etc.
Sam Sand Dunes Ticket Prices
- Free visit.
- Private Operators charge fees for the tours.
How To reach Sam Sand Dunes by Public Transport
- You will have to go this place by taxi or car.
Restaurants Near Sam Sand Dunes
- Bikaner Restaurant
- Hotel Shahi Palace
- Midtown Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sam Sand Dunes
95% of people who visit Jaisalmer include Sam Sand Dunes in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.13% of people start their Sam Sand Dunes visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Sam Sand Dunes
94.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sam Sand Dunes
Sam Sand Dunes Map
Sam Sand Dunes Trips
Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer Reviews
Great atmosphere. The jeep safari is full of adventure. Its nice to experience sunset over the desert. Camel riding is also thrilling.
Amazing place to have a full adventure thrills! I basically belong from cold place and was never used to high temperature climate, but within a few days later somehow I managed to adapt and started exploring the deserts with my friends. Trust me I really enjoyed , amazing camel rides, we stayed the night in tent enjoyed dancing and also had a great feast! Cheers
Awesome place.. Suitable to visit in winters. Prices include all meals, evening entertainment.. Must see sunrise there
Best in India. Truly a desert wanderer experience They charge very high in peak season so be careful. Book your stay in advance to get rid of cheating. The camp is very good with camp fire.. barbeque and fire dance. Kalbeliya folk dance is live in the evening. In winter get experience of chilly night in the desert. Peak season is Worth it of you booo everything in advance
Enjoy desert, camel safari, rajasthani food, night in a tent, rajashthani songs and dance
All QuestionsSam sand dunes
- Saint Charles School
- Housatonic River Museum
- Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Grace Church Congregational
- Allen Heights Playground
- Calvary Chapel
- Bousquet Mountain
- Conrail - Signal Supervisor
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail
- Army National Guard
- Modular Building Systems Inc.
- Imperial Bowl
- Lower Pecks Pond Dam
- Berkshire Hills Country Club
- First Church Of Christ Scientist