Shri Tanot Mata TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Tanot, Rajasthan 345022, Jaisalmer, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9727968342
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Goddess Tanot (to whom the temple is dedicated), is believed to be the reincarnation of Goddess Hinglaz. The temple itself was constructed in 847 AD and has a very unique story.
During the Indo-Pak war, the whole area was subjected to bombings from Pakistan. However, the bombs that fell in the vicinity of the temple did not explode and many of the Indian soldiers that took shelter here were unharmed.
Today the temple showcases these very bombs in its small museum. For tourists, the temple is perfect to see a rather miraculous story up close while the spiritual ambience of the whole temple along with its simple yet beautiful architecture, is loved by everyone.
- Do make sure you don’t pass further than the temple as it is located very close to the battle site of Longewala- Jaisalmer.
- Removing shoes before entering the temple is customary. Appropriate clothing is recommended.
- Bus stop: Tanot Bus Stop
- By renting a Bike/Car
- By taking a Tuk Tuk
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.33% of people who visit Jaisalmer include Shri Tanot Mata Temple in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
67.86% of people start their Shri Tanot Mata Temple visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Shri Tanot Mata Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shri Tanot Mata Temple
what is the morning timing of tanot mata mandirAnswer Report Abuse
Shri Tanot Mata Temple opens at 6 am in the morning. However, the aarti happens at 7 pm every evening.Report Abuse