Shri Tanot Mata Temple, Jaisalmer
About Shri Tanot Mata Temple, Jaisalmer
Shri Tanot Mata Temple, Jaisalmer - Address, Phone Number
Address: Tanot, Rajasthan 345022
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 05:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Goddess Tanot (to whom the temple is dedicated), is believed to be the reincarnation of Goddess Hinglaz. The temple itself was constructed in 847 AD and has a very unique story.
During the Indo-Pak war, the whole area was subjected to bombings from Pakistan. However, the bombs that fell in the vicinity of the temple did not explode and many of the Indian soldiers that took shelter here were unharmed.
Today the temple showcases these very bombs in its small museum. For tourists, the temple is perfect to see a rather miraculous story up close while the spiritual ambience of the whole temple along with its simple yet beautiful architecture, is loved by everyone.
Shri Tanot Mata Temple Information
- Do make sure you don’t pass further than the temple as it is located very close to the battle site of Longewala- Jaisalmer.
- Removing shoes before entering the temple is customary. Appropriate clothing is recommended.
How To reach Shri Tanot Mata Temple by Public Transport
- Bus stop: Tanot Bus Stop
- By renting a Bike/Car
- By taking a Tuk Tuk
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jaisalmer before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jaisalmer and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shri Tanot Mata Temple, Jaisalmer Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Chandan Shree Restaurant
- Lake View Restaurant
- Rajputana Desert Camp Resort
- Winds Desert Camp
- Hotel Priya
- Real Desert Man Camel Safari Jaisalmer
- The Gulaal Hotel
- Jaisalmer Camel Safari
- Thar Desert
- Jaisalmer Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jaisalmer
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jaisalmer
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jaisalmer
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jaisalmer
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jaisalmer
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jaisalmer