Are you looking for what to do in Jaisalmer?
PLACES TO SEE
- The Desert, the royals. The architecture and the history, there is so much to explore in the city of Jaisalmer. Here are some of the most interesting attractions:
- Gadisar Lake: This Lake is another iconic attraction in Jaisalmer. The lake, constructed into the hot arid desert is one of the most refreshing sight you will get to see. A boat ride in the famous GadiSar lake is a must do experience for any Jaisalmer tourist.
- Jaisalmer Fort : Jaisalmer Fort or Jaisalmer Quilla is undoubtedly the pride of the city. Not many people know that it also happens to be one of the largest forts in the world. In its glory days it was a very important strategic location as well as a center for trade.
- Salim Singh-ki Haveli: This stunning marvel of royal Rajasthani architecture is certainly worth a visit. Salim Singh must have been a lucky man to have this gorgeous piece of architecture to his name. In truth, it was commissioned by this Prime minister in the Jaisalmer province.
- Kuldhara Abandoned Village: If you are the adventurous kind, this place is sure to suit you. But beware, you will need a lion’s mighty heart to visit this place. Legend says that this secluded abandoned village near Jaisalmer is cursed by the ghost of an ancient priest.
- Vyas Chattri: The Vyas Chattri is a lovely place a bit far from the city much loved by photography enthusiasts and highly recommended by the tourists. The place is quite stunning and the monuments or the chatris are an exceptional piece of Rajasthani Architecture.
Below we have a list of things to do in Jaisalmer and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Jaisalmer getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Jaisalmer with confidence.