How to Reach Jakarta
HOW TO GET TO JAKARTA
- By Air: The Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is your most convenient way of getting into Jakarta. The airport is also perhaps Indonesia’s most important and hence while it is very well connected to all the major cities, it tends to be quite crowded. Do book your tickets well in advance.
- By Train: If you are travelling within Indonesia, reach Jakarta through the Gambir Station which is the most important and convenient one.
HOW TO GET AROUND JAKARTA
One thing that you should certainly invest in while in Jakarta is a map. No! Not one of those GPS things on your mobile, you should get one of those paper maps. This will make your whole journey a lot smoother.
- By Car: The recommended form of transport is by hired car. There are a lot of local agencies that you can choose from and you can choose to drive the car yourself (if you have an international license) or you can get a car and a driver both (which is most convenient)
- By Taxi: You can avail taxis too and they will be very easy to find but they can be quite expensive compared to a rented car. Use them if you are in a hurry.
- By Bus: Public Transport is not too shabby in Jakarta however, it is largely only used by locals getting to work. Nevertheless, if you want to spend less on travel and splurge on something else, it is a very good option.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Jakarta. The most preferred mode of transport in Jakarta is Car.
Average distance: 17.51 km Average time: 57.49 min
Car 43.16%Driving 53.63 min Walking 1.63 min Overall average time for 20.23 kms 55.27 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.68%Bus 40.62 min Waiting 7.85 min Walking 6.69 min Train 6.31 min Other 1.54 min Overall average time for 13.64 kms 63 min
Train/Metro 5.26%Train 53 min Waiting 9.4 min Walking 8 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 26.6 kms 72.4 min
Motorbike 18.95%Motorbike 57.11 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 19.56 kms 59.11 min
Walking 12.63%Walking 38.17 min Motorbike 7.42 min Bus 5.83 min Driving 3.25 min Waiting 2.08 min Overall average time for 7.78 kms 56.75 min
Bike 4.21%Bike 37.5 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 10.75 kms 38.75 min