How to Reach Jakarta, Indonesia
The Easiest Way to Reach Jakarta
HOW TO GET TO JAKARTA
- By Air: The Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is your most convenient way of getting into Jakarta. The airport is also perhaps Indonesia’s most important and hence while it is very well connected to all the major cities, it tends to be quite crowded. Do book your tickets well in advance.
- By Train: If you are travelling within Indonesia, reach Jakarta through the Gambir Station which is the most important and convenient one.
HOW TO GET AROUND JAKARTA
One thing that you should certainly invest in while in Jakarta is a map. No! Not one of those GPS things on your mobile, you should get one of those paper maps. This will make your whole journey a lot smoother.
- By Car: The recommended form of transport is by hired car. There are a lot of local agencies that you can choose from and you can choose to drive the car yourself (if you have an international license) or you can get a car and a driver both (which is most convenient)
- By Taxi: You can avail taxis too and they will be very easy to find but they can be quite expensive compared to a rented car. Use them if you are in a hurry.
- By Bus: Public Transport is not too shabby in Jakarta however, it is largely only used by locals getting to work. Nevertheless, if you want to spend less on travel and splurge on something else, it is a very good option.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Jakarta and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Jakarta
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Jakarta. The most preferred mode of transport in Jakarta is Car.
Average distance: 16.24 km Average time: 55.85 min
Car 37.5%Driving 54.38 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 54.88 min
Walking 17.19%Walking 39.82 min Motorbike 8.09 min Bus 6.36 min Driving 2.73 min Waiting 2.27 min Overall average time for 7.95 kms 59.27 min
Train/Metro 4.69%Train 60 min Walking 6.67 min Waiting 5 min Other 3.33 min Overall average time for 27.67 kms 75 min
Motorbike 20.31%Motorbike 56.38 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 18 kms 58.38 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.5%Bus 32.25 min Waiting 6 min Walking 5.88 min Train 1.5 min Other 1.25 min Overall average time for 10.41 kms 46.88 min
Bike 4.69%Bike 43.33 min Walking 1.67 min Overall average time for 13 kms 45 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Jakarta
- How to reach Kalideres
- How to reach Parigi
- How to reach Pinang
- How to reach Pondok Aren
- How to reach Serpong
- How to reach Tangerang
- How to reach Sukamahi
- How to reach Cikakak
- How to reach Cipayung
- How to Reach Top Cities in Indonesia
- How to reach Bintan Island
- How to reach Batam Island
- How to reach Kuta
- How to reach Manado
- How to reach Bandung
- How to reach Yogyakarta
- How to reach Bali
- How to reach Bagansiapiapi
- How to reach Salatiga
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Doha
- How to reach Ratnagiri
- How to reach Petersfield