MonasCurrently Open [Closes at 03:00 pm]
- Address: Medan Merdeka, Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
- Timings: 08:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +62-213822255
- Ticket Price: 50000 IDR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Statue
About Monas, Jakarta
Indonesia National Monument or what Indonesian and Jakarta people usually call as Monas is a monument built to remember the struggle of Indonesian heroes fighting the colonial domination. Monas was built based on the idea of the first president of Indonesia, Ir. Soekarno, with the help of Sudarsono and F. Silaban as the architect, and Ir. Rooseno as the consultant. It’s builts on an area with a width of 80 hectares. Monas was officially open on 17th August 1961 by President Soekarno, and publicly open on 12th July 1971.
The top of Monas shaped like a flame, symbolizing a never extinguished spirit of Indonesian people. The flame was made of bronze medal which weight was 14.5 ton, and was plated with 35 kg gold. The flame has 6 meters diameter and consist of 77 concentrated parts.
The standing pillar of Monas which height is 137 meters, symbolizing a rice pestle, while the cup symbolizing a rice barn. Rice pestle and barn are traditional tools to pound rice, figuring out Indonesia as an agricultural country. They’re also regarded as the symbol of Indonesian people’s fertility, and as the symbol of male and female. You can also enjoy the view from the top by reaching up to the top by an elevator.
Places to visit in Monas:
- Independence room
- National museum
- Park area
- Fountain attraction
- Be there early to avoid the crowds.
- Most of the time the weather is quite hot in day time in Jakarta, hence it’s better to visit Monas in the morning, afternoon or evening time. However if you choose to visit in the day time, do not forget to bring umbrella or hat to cover your head from the sun.
- If you visit Monas in the morning you could avoid the long queue to the monument, especially on weekend and holiday. It might be more comfortable to visit on week days.
Monas Ticket Prices
- Ticket for observation desk costs IDR 10000.
Monas Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on last Mondays of each month.
- Fountain show is between 07.00 pm to 08.00 pm.
How To reach Monas by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Monas
- Es Krim Ragusa
- Kantin Wisma Antara
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jakarta before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jakarta and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Monas
95% of people who visit Jakarta include Monas in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
79.22% of people start their Monas visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Monas
77.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Monas
Monas, Jakarta Reviews
This is a landmark not only for Jakarta, but also Indonesia. You can see Indonesian history and see great view of jakarta at the top of it. It also has dazzling park so you can relax
If you want to come at night, you better come at saturday night or sunday night. Because on sat and sun there will be a dancing water fountain. The schedule is 19.30 and 20.30.
Best place to go in weekend. There's dancing water fountakn
This place has big and green park to enjoy with friends or family. We can also do some sports like walking, jogging, basket ball, football and erunning in this place.
wonderful & historical place of Jakarta. I had been here with friends. I suggest don't miss this place to visit.
- Clear Creek Valley Baptist Church
- Lewis Meadows Park
- Highland Event Center
- Ward Pond SWA
- Prospect RV Park
- Rocky Mountain District
- Infinite Editions
- Westwoods Community Church
- Jefferson County Public Library
- Wellspring Bible Church
- Jim's Prop Shop
- Swim Otters Swim And Fitness School
- River Mouse Touring Kayaks
- Randall Park
- The Star Entertainment Group