Bahu Fort And GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: Bagh-e-Bahu, opposite Mubarak Mandi complex, Jammu city, J&K, India.
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Garden, View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Archaeological Site , Fort
Bahu Fort And Gardens - Review
Bahu fort is a quiet place if you want to spend some time away, in the nature. Beautiful gardens coupled with a remarkable 3000 years old fort are definitely worth visiting, aren’t they?
The fort is said to be built by Raja Bahulochan and was retouched by Dogra rulers in the 19th century. The fort is also visited by religious people in the city as it houses a shrine dedicated to Goddess Kali.
The area of the fort is regarded as very pious. A legend states that Raja Jambu Lochan, brother of Bahulochan saw a tiger and a deer drinking water from river tawiharmoniously and took that as a sign that it was the right place for a peaceful co-existence.
Breathtaking views of river Tawi, attractive manicured lawns, mesmerizing fountains and an opportunity to boat make Bagh-e-Bahu gardens the main tourist attraction in Jammu. It also has a huge fascinating aquarium that attracts children and adults similarly.
This glorious castle with the beautiful garden is a treat for tourists. Located at a hill top, you can see the entire Jammu city and its bridges from here. It is a gem of a place that will rejuvenate you during your visit to the city and fill you with childlike enthusiasm!
Bahu Fort And Gardens Information
- Anytime of the day is just as pleasant to visit.
- Beware of Monkeys in the fort area.
- Bargain with locals when it comes to purchases.
- Keep your belongings close and safe.
- Stay away from local agents that might promise you to take you to a good Pashmina store.
- Being a popular tourist spot, there a many touts and bluffmasters ready to loot you.
- Pets are not allowed inside the gardens.
Bahu Fort And Gardens Ticket Prices
- Entry fee to the Aquarium with camera is Rs.50.
How To reach Bahu Fort And Gardens by Public Transport
- Private taxis
Restaurants Near Bahu Fort And Gardens
- Nav durga sweets
- Imperial restaurant
- Cafe coffee day
- Khana Khajana
- Falak revolving restaurant
- KC pub and restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bahu Fort And Gardens
95% of people who visit Jammu include Bahu Fort And Gardens in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
85.71% of people start their Bahu Fort And Gardens visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Bahu Fort And Gardens
90.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bahu Fort And Gardens
Bahu Fort And Gardens Trips
14 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Srinagar, Jammu, Leh from BengaluruBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Srinagar, Jammu, Leh
2 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Leh, Jammu, Srinagar from BangaloreBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Srinagar, Jammu, Leh