Hari Parbat FortCurrently Closed
- Address: Hari Parbat fort, Dal lake, Srinagar- 190003, Jammu, India
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Temple, Gurudwara, Garden, View Point, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Lake, Architecture , Picnic Spot
Hari Parbat Fort - Review
Hari Parbat is a historically very significant monument situated on the banks of Dal Lake in Srinagar. The presence of a Temple, A Gurudwara and a Mosque make this beautiful fort a unique destination.
Mughal emperor Akbar dreamt of a new capital Nager Nagor inside the fort on this site. Although his project remained incomplete, a fort was later built by Shuja Shah Durani in 1808.
Many legends are associated with this hill fort. The Hindus, Muslims and the Sikhs have different stories that glorify this fort. A huge pebble thrown by a goddess to crush a demon became this hill according to the Hindu legends.
Sikhism tells the tale of devoted old lady who was cremated here by Gurusahib himself whereas Muslims consider the fort sacred for the shrine of Sheikh Hamza Makhdum that is situated in the fort surroundings.
Known for the unique and spectacular architecture, Persian inscriptions can be still found on the Kathi darwaza. The fort closed for visitors for 26 years, was recently thrown open to public recently.
Mesmerizing lights and huge sprawling gardens, it is a treat to tourists that visit the city. A spectacular view of the world famous dal lake and a soothing evening tasting the local cuisine, Hari Parbat makes your day.
Hari Parbat Fort Information
- Do not enter the restricted areas.
- Pets are not allowed in the fort.
- Do not consume any intoxicants in the fort area.
- Try the local cuisine
- Maintain the sanctity of the worship places inside the fort.
Hari Parbat Fort Ticket Prices
- A pass from the tourist department is required to visit the fort.
How To reach Hari Parbat Fort by Public Transport
- Private cars
- House boats
Restaurants Near Hari Parbat Fort
- Mughal Darbar
- Shamyana Restaurant
- Cafe Robusta
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hari Parbat Fort
95% of people who visit Jammu include Hari Parbat Fort in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
72.14% of people start their Hari Parbat Fort visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hari Parbat Fort
94.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hari Parbat Fort
Hari Parbat Fort Map
Hari Parbat Fort Trips
Hari Parbat Fort, Jammu Reviews
The visiting hours for this place are 10 am to 3 pm only hey you surely should visit whenever in Srinagar. You'd get a full view of the city which is awfully beautiful and picturesque! I literally didn't want to come back from the fort because of the serenity it provides.
Wonderful place to visit...visiting hours are 10 AM to 3 PM only... One gets a full view of the city from the fort.. Although the Fort is open but there are no facilities here...CRPF is stationed inside the fort and they have occupied a large portion of the fort... Tr view from the top is breathtaking...
Very beautiful sight from here. You can see almost whole of the city. I guess this is the tallest structure that is easily visible.
Hari Parbat fort is the famous tourist place in Srinagar, Jammu and kashmir. This place is visible from all corners of Srinagar city. Beautiful place. Very nice for morning and evening walk. Various shops for shopping like clothes, dress materials, fast food and local products are available here. Hotels are available for tourists. Nice place to visit for tourists. Parking space available here.
Great view for the city of Śrinagar. Except that, nothing special. Fort is not well mantained and there's not much to see there.
All QuestionsHari parbat fort
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal