How to Reach Jammu
- By Air: Tourism in Jammuis made simpler by the Jammu Airport is 7 kilometres from the main city. It runs flights to a few cities in the country.
- By Train: Jammu Tawi is the main Railway station in Jammu. It is connected to all the main Railway stations in the country.
- By Taxi: You can reach Jammu by local taxis from nearby cities and towns, although Trains are preferred than buses and taxis
- By Bus: The 1A Highway connects Jammu to the Kashmir Valley. Buses on the 1B Highway connect Jammu to Poonch town.
- By Bus: JKSRTC buses called Matadors are available in the city to travel to different destinations and tourist attractions in Jammu. Mini buses by both government and private services also run in the city.
- By Car: Private cars can be hired from local travel bureaus – generally the preferred method for sightseeing in Jammu.Chauffeurs also act as guides at the tourist spots.
- By Taxi: Local taxis are available in the city. Jammu tourist guides recommend that you fix a price with your driver before getting in – these taxis are not metered.
- By Rickshaw: Both, auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws run in the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Jammu. The most preferred mode of transport in Jammu is Bike.
Average distance: 12.5 km Average time: 25 min
Bike 50%Bike 25 min Overall average time for 10 kms 25 min
Car 50%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15 kms 25 min