- Address: Patnitop, Udhampur district, Jammu and Kashmir, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Camp, View Point, Hiking Trail, Adventure Sport, Lake, Hill
Hill stations have always been an important part of India’s tourist culture. Patnitop is a hill station set away from the military tensions in the state in the majestic Udhampur district of Kashmir. Full of adventures and surprises, Patni top is heavenly.
‘Patan da Talab’ or the ‘Pond of the princess’ was the original name of this small quaint town. It olden days, it had a pond in the meadows where princesses took baths, parts of which exist even today.
Patnitop is a place for the adventurous side in you. Paragliding, camping, abseiling and what not, it is a trekker’s heaven. It also offers a number of picnic spots and romantic trails that you could follow while enjoying the snow clad scenery.
Nathatop and Sanasar Lake are trekking trails that hikers and locals usually trek on. Dawariyai is famous for Paragliding trips. Billon ki Powri, four hundred steps carved on the rock to make the journey on the steep rocks easier make way to Dawariya.
The flight takes off from Patni top and lands at Kud. It is a wonderful thrilling experience every person has to experience in a lifetime. Hire ponies, drive in a privately hired cab or travel by foot, the city never exhausts you.
Fly high in the skys, lazily read a book in the thickly wooded deodhars or just dreamily gaze at the breathtaking mountains across the Chenab basins, Patni top offers you a lot of options and keeps you wanting more. No wonder it is called a honeymooner’s paradise!
Patnitop Travel Tips
- Summer is the best time to visit.
- Recommended duration of visit is 2-3 days.
- Sanasar Lake, 20 kms from Patnitop is a nice place to visit while you are at the hill station.
- Try going on small excursions in the hill stations. They’re a lot of fun.
- Arrange a picnic at one of the picnic spots.
- Stroll through the meadows and spend a quiet afternoon relaxing with your loved ones.
- Stay away from Monkeys.
- Make sure of the safety measures before trying one of the adventure sports.
- You want to be adventurous, not careless.
How to Reach Patnitop
- Local mini buses
- Private vehicles
- State transport buses
- Local Dhabas
- Vaishno Dhaba
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.7% of people who visit Jammu include Patnitop in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.67% of people start their Patnitop visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Patnitop
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Patnitop