About Raghunath Bazaar, Jammu
Raghunath bazaar, the main tourist market in Jammu is named after the famous Raghunath temple that sits on the same road. Offering an array of Kashmiri authentic handicrafts, the mouth watering dry fruits of the region and the Kashmiri silk, Raghunath Bazaar is the ultimate shopping destination in the city.
Another attraction that compels tourists to visit this destination is the Raghunath temple. This temple built in 1835-1860 by Maharaja Gulab singh is a shrine dedicated to Lord Rama, an incarnation of Vishnu.
It is also one of the biggest temple complexes in the state and hundreds of devotees pay their respect by bowing down to Raghunath who fulfils all the wishes of the devotees according to local legends.
The local cuisine and sweet shops that keep mouth watering sweets also lure tourists to this area. Meat lovers, vegetarians and foodies with a sweet tooth are welcomed here with the same enthusiasm.
The bazaar offers a tourist everything that is asked for and treats one with a warm, royal hospitability. Phirans, tweeds, woolen carpets, woven willow baskets, brass and silverware, silk and embroidery works, vases, naqqashi work, furniture, wood carvings, other decorative items made of wood are sought after in this Market.
The beautiful lakes, picture perfect snow clad mountains and dense forests surrounding the market area with the vibrant and colorful items; where else will you find so much beauty at one place?
Raghunath Bazaar Information
- Afternoons are less crowded, so it is best to visit.
- Do not visit the road during rush hours, it gets very crowded.
- Keep your cash and wallet safe, beware of the pickpockets.
- Do not fall for touts who scam people with schemes like Chingu blanket.
- Do not get caught in the clutches of agents who promise you Kashmir tourism products.
- Hand embroidery on Salwar Kameez material and Kurtas is famous in this Bazaar.
- Bargain a lot before agreeing on a price.
- The priests in the Raghunath temple can loot tourists. Beware of them.
How To Get To Raghunath Bazaar by Public Transport
- Private vehicles
Restaurants Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Nav durga sweets
- Imperial restaurant
- Cafe coffee day
- Khana Khajana
- Local sweet marts
- Local Dhabas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Raghunath Bazaar, Near Raghunath temple, Jammu city, J&K, India.
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 18.8K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Street Market, Shopping Center, Lake, Arts And Crafts, Street Food, Specialty Shop
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Raghunath Bazaar, Jammu
- Nearby Attractions
- Jehlum Resort
- Hotel Vardaan
- Hotel Fortune Inn Riviera
- Nandini Wild Life Sanctuary
- Dhargah Grib Shah
- Hotel Hari Nivas Palace
- Baru Resort
- Jammu Tawi
- Jammu Flyover
- Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- 5 Star Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Budget Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Cheap Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Luxury Hotels Near Raghunath Bazaar
- Jammu Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Jammu
- 2 Days in Jammu
- 3 Days in Jammu
- 4 Days in Jammu
- 5 Days in Jammu
- 6 Days in Jammu
- 7 Days in Jammu