Vaishno Devi MandirCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, Katra District Reasi, Jammu and Kashmir, PIN – 182301, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9101-991234057
- Time Required: 14:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
About Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu
One of the greatest pilgrims of Hindus all over the world, Vaishno Devi is a temple in the scenically marvellous Trikuta Mountain of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the most revered places in India.
This place is not only visited by devoted Hindus but people of all faiths who wish a change in their lives. It is the second most visited Shrine in the country and attracts 8 million pilgrims every year.
The story of Maa Vaishno Devi differs in various mythological stories. She is one of the 108 Shaktipeeth and is believed to be to be a combined form of Goddess Parvati, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
It is believed that after beheading Bhairavnath, who troubled the goddess, she took a rock form and immersed herself in meditation forever. This rock form of Vaishnavi in a five and half feet tall rock is the ultimate destination for devotees who visit this temple.
The Vaishnodevi Mandir is situated near Katra, a town around 45 kms from Jammu. The road to the temple is very steep and full of fascinating scenery. A different energy fills up the environment when you travel to the top with others pilgrims, chants of ‘Jai Mata di’ resonate the air.
Pilgrims believe that Mata Vaishno Devi fulfils any desires that the devotees express. The journey is so soothing and peaceful that you hardly feel tired after it. Breath taking scenery on both the side, Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is a once in a lifetime experience.
Vaishno Devi Mandir Information
- It is said that the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is incomplete without visitng the Bhairavnath temple. You can book rooms near the Mata temple so you can cover it after relaxing for a while.
- Yatri Helpdesks are available throughout the mandir road.
- Medical services are also available in the journey.
- Prepaid mobiles do not work in the area so try to carry a postpaid mobile card.
- If travelling by Helicopter, reach 2 hours before the given time.
- Do not carry excess baggage or eatables. There are enough facilities and eateries available on the way.
- Do not forget to take Yatra and Darshan slips.
- Bargain with the Doli-owner and horse owners, they hike the prices at times.
- You can also rent an electric car that is convenient if you have elders travelling with you.
- Hire a porter if necessary, the journey is not as easy as it seems.
- Take regular breaks during the journey, it helps to rejuvenate and remain fresh throughout the journey.
- Poojas can be booked online as well as at the helpdesks available throughout the road.
- Other Contact Number: 91-01991-232092
Vaishno Devi Mandir Ticket Prices
- No cost for on the spot Yatra Parchi, 50/- for online Yatra Parchi
- Helicopter charges are 699/- one way for one person.
How To reach Vaishno Devi Mandir by Public Transport
- Helicopter service
- Horses and ponies
- Electric cars and Rickshaws
- Doli carried by men
Restaurants Near Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Mandir Bhojanalayas
- Refreshment units
- Private Dhabas
- Cafe coffee day
- Sagar Ratna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vaishno Devi Mandir
95% of people who visit Jammu include Vaishno Devi Mandir in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
84.92% of people start their Vaishno Devi Mandir visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 14 Hrs to see Vaishno Devi Mandir
94.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vaishno Devi Mandir
Vaishno Devi Mandir Map
Vaishno Devi Mandir Trips
Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu Reviews
The purpose of join any holly place to get inner peace, and this is the place where you will get that. First of all, you need to travel 10-12km by walk or some other medium like horse except you are taking flight till half a way. You are so tired after so much of travel but don’t' worry place is so nice and beautify you never realize the pain of tiredness and you will enjoy the journey. All the pilgrims are supporting each other which boost up your confidence and you are the most satisfied person for the same. Please plan for it, you will surely enjoy.
Nothing like this... The walk will be difficult... But it will be worth... For some people who can't walk can take horses or autos too.... Very nicely maintained... Good and cheap food... Arrangements are good for resting... You have to just pay for blankets... Which will be refunded afterwards..
Best Holy place of Hindus ever. Peoples over there was very good in nature. One would obviously feels a good bond with nature over that place. Also the food was very tasty and avialable at very rates. Restrooms, guesthouse facility was also very nice.😘😘😍😍
Probably one of the most visited Divine place in World. Famed cave shrine, positioned in the foothills of the Himalayas, Vaishno Devi is one of the most visited sacred places among devotees who throng the temple from far and wide. It is devoted to Mother Goddess and is one of the oldest of all the temples in India. The temple is positioned at an elevation of 5200 ft and one requires carrying out an excursion of 13 km on foot to make it to this holy place. Natural beauty can be relished throughout the yatra. Moreover, the spiritual experience one will have during the Darshan is beyond words, so don’t forget to visit this holy place on vacations in Jammu. A lifetime travelling experience.
Very peaceful place but no one is allowed to stand even for 3 seconds. We simply have to pray in 2 seconds and are then forced to leave immediately by police staff. Security is good but they need to understand sometimes that we travel by foot more than 14KM just to be there and they force us to leave even as we blink our eyes.
All QuestionsVaishno devi mandir
- Bureau Of Land Management
- Roswell Christian Outreach
- Roswell Parks & Recreation
- Church Of Christ-West Country Club Rd
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- Poor Clares Monastery
- US Bureau-Land Management District Libr
- Town & Country RV Park
- Real American Karate
- Waymaker Church
- Berrendo Baptist Church
- Icon Cinema
- Church Of Christ-West Alameda
- First United Pentecostal Church
- Trinity United Methodist Church