Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu
About Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu
Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu - Address, Phone Number
Address: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, Katra District Reasi, Jammu and Kashmir, PIN – 182301
Time Required: 14:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 23.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the greatest pilgrims of Hindus all over the world, Vaishno Devi is a temple in the scenically marvellous Trikuta Mountain of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the most revered places in India.
This place is not only visited by devoted Hindus but people of all faiths who wish a change in their lives. It is the second most visited Shrine in the country and attracts 8 million pilgrims every year.
The story of Maa Vaishno Devi differs in various mythological stories. She is one of the 108 Shaktipeeth and is believed to be to be a combined form of Goddess Parvati, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
It is believed that after beheading Bhairavnath, who troubled the goddess, she took a rock form and immersed herself in meditation forever. This rock form of Vaishnavi in a five and half feet tall rock is the ultimate destination for devotees who visit this temple.
The Vaishnodevi Mandir is situated near Katra, a town around 45 kms from Jammu. The road to the temple is very steep and full of fascinating scenery. A different energy fills up the environment when you travel to the top with others pilgrims, chants of ‘Jai Mata di’ resonate the air.
Pilgrims believe that Mata Vaishno Devi fulfils any desires that the devotees express. The journey is so soothing and peaceful that you hardly feel tired after it. Breath taking scenery on both the side, Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is a once in a lifetime experience.
Vaishno Devi Mandir Information
- It is said that the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is incomplete without visitng the Bhairavnath temple. You can book rooms near the Mata temple so you can cover it after relaxing for a while.
- Yatri Helpdesks are available throughout the mandir road.
- Medical services are also available in the journey.
- Prepaid mobiles do not work in the area so try to carry a postpaid mobile card.
- If travelling by Helicopter, reach 2 hours before the given time.
- Do not carry excess baggage or eatables. There are enough facilities and eateries available on the way.
- Do not forget to take Yatra and Darshan slips.
- Bargain with the Doli-owner and horse owners, they hike the prices at times.
- You can also rent an electric car that is convenient if you have elders travelling with you.
- Hire a porter if necessary, the journey is not as easy as it seems.
- Take regular breaks during the journey, it helps to rejuvenate and remain fresh throughout the journey.
- Poojas can be booked online as well as at the helpdesks available throughout the road.
- Other Contact Number: 91-01991-232092
Vaishno Devi Mandir Ticket Prices
- No cost for on the spot Yatra Parchi, 50/- for online Yatra Parchi
- Helicopter charges are 699/- one way for one person.
How To reach Vaishno Devi Mandir by Public Transport
- Helicopter service
- Horses and ponies
- Electric cars and Rickshaws
- Doli carried by men
Restaurants Near Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Mandir Bhojanalayas
- Refreshment units
- Private Dhabas
- Cafe coffee day
- Sagar Ratna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu Reviews - Write a Review
It was wonderful to visit the shrine dedicated to the mother goddess. It was exhilarating and awesome feeling to witness the abode of goddess. It was uphill task to even to climb down. It requires stamina and dedication to go by stairs. Though there are many other ways to reach the shrine such as mules, porters etc. A must visit to any believer in the lifetime
श्री माता वैष्णो देवी जी के पवित्र तीर्थ से तीर्थ यात्रा को हमारे समय की सबसे पवित्र तीर्थ माना जाता है। दुनियाभर में मन्थ मंगा मुरादेन फरारी कर्ण वाली माता के रूप में लोकप्रिय है, जिसका अर्थ है, जो माता अपने बच्चों की इच्छा पूरी कर लेते हैं, श्री माता वैष्णो देवी जी त्रिचतु नाम की तीन नुकीले पहाड़ की परतों में स्थित एक पवित्र गुफा में रहते हैं ( Trikoot)। पवित्र गुफा हर साल लाखों भक्तों को आकर्षित करती है। दरअसल, हर साल पवित्र तीर्थ यात्रा करने वालों की संख्या एक करोड़ से अधिक है। यह भारत और विदेशों के सभी हिस्सों से श्रद्धा को घेरे हुए भक्तों के निराधार विश्वास के कारण है।
Great place for a short family vacation. Climb is not too difficult while food is easily available on purchase basis. Though queue is decently maintained at the mandir entrance, there is definitely room for improvement.
Nice place. Recommended to start walking in afternoon. And return in morning. You can stay there as they provide blanket with deposit money 100/Blanket. And return when you deposit in morning.
Vaishno Devi is one of the most visited sacred places among devotees who throng the temple from far and wide. It is devoted to Mother Goddess and is one of the oldest of all the temples in India. The temple is positioned at an elevation of around 5000 ft and one requires carrying out an excursion of 13 km on foot to make it to this holy place. Natural beauty can be relished throughout the yatra. Moreover, the spiritual experience one will have during the Darshan is beyond words, so don’t forget to visit this holy place for vacations in Jammu. Very Beautiful & Sacred Place. Jai Mata Di!!!