Vaishno Devi Mandir, JammuCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, Katra District Reasi, Jammu and Kashmir, PIN – 182301, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9101-991234057
- Time Required: 14:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
About Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu
One of the greatest pilgrims of Hindus all over the world, Vaishno Devi is a temple in the scenically marvellous Trikuta Mountain of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the most revered places in India.
This place is not only visited by devoted Hindus but people of all faiths who wish a change in their lives. It is the second most visited Shrine in the country and attracts 8 million pilgrims every year.
The story of Maa Vaishno Devi differs in various mythological stories. She is one of the 108 Shaktipeeth and is believed to be to be a combined form of Goddess Parvati, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
It is believed that after beheading Bhairavnath, who troubled the goddess, she took a rock form and immersed herself in meditation forever. This rock form of Vaishnavi in a five and half feet tall rock is the ultimate destination for devotees who visit this temple.
The Vaishnodevi Mandir is situated near Katra, a town around 45 kms from Jammu. The road to the temple is very steep and full of fascinating scenery. A different energy fills up the environment when you travel to the top with others pilgrims, chants of ‘Jai Mata di’ resonate the air.
Pilgrims believe that Mata Vaishno Devi fulfils any desires that the devotees express. The journey is so soothing and peaceful that you hardly feel tired after it. Breath taking scenery on both the side, Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is a once in a lifetime experience.
Vaishno Devi Mandir Information
- It is said that the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is incomplete without visitng the Bhairavnath temple. You can book rooms near the Mata temple so you can cover it after relaxing for a while.
- Yatri Helpdesks are available throughout the mandir road.
- Medical services are also available in the journey.
- Prepaid mobiles do not work in the area so try to carry a postpaid mobile card.
- If travelling by Helicopter, reach 2 hours before the given time.
- Do not carry excess baggage or eatables. There are enough facilities and eateries available on the way.
- Do not forget to take Yatra and Darshan slips.
- Bargain with the Doli-owner and horse owners, they hike the prices at times.
- You can also rent an electric car that is convenient if you have elders travelling with you.
- Hire a porter if necessary, the journey is not as easy as it seems.
- Take regular breaks during the journey, it helps to rejuvenate and remain fresh throughout the journey.
- Poojas can be booked online as well as at the helpdesks available throughout the road.
- Other Contact Number: 91-01991-232092
Vaishno Devi Mandir Ticket Prices
- No cost for on the spot Yatra Parchi, 50/- for online Yatra Parchi
- Helicopter charges are 699/- one way for one person.
How To reach Vaishno Devi Mandir by Public Transport
- Helicopter service
- Horses and ponies
- Electric cars and Rickshaws
- Doli carried by men
Restaurants Near Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Mandir Bhojanalayas
- Refreshment units
- Private Dhabas
- Cafe coffee day
- Sagar Ratna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Vaishno Devi Mandir, Jammu Reviews
Very peaceful place but no one is allowed to stand even for 3 seconds. We simply have to pray in 2 seconds and are then forced to leave immediately by police staff. Security is good but they need to understand sometimes that we travel by foot more than 14KM just to be there and they force us to leave even as we blink our eyes.
Probably one of the most visited Divine place in World. Famed cave shrine, positioned in the foothills of the Himalayas, Vaishno Devi is one of the most visited sacred places among devotees who throng the temple from far and wide. It is devoted to Mother Goddess and is one of the oldest of all the temples in India. The temple is positioned at an elevation of 5200 ft and one requires carrying out an excursion of 13 km on foot to make it to this holy place. Natural beauty can be relished throughout the yatra. Moreover, the spiritual experience one will have during the Darshan is beyond words, so don’t forget to visit this holy place on vacations in Jammu. A lifetime travelling experience.
माता का दर्शन एक अद्भुत क्षण है। 13 km. लंबा मार्ग चलकर दर्शन करना अपने आप में एक मातृत्व प्रेम की झलक है। आरती के लिए 5 बजे तक पहुँचे और जिन्हें आरती के वक़्त माँ के दरबार में शामिल होना है ट्रस्ट को ₹1000 का दान दें कर यह अनुभव प्राप्त कर सकते हैं। बेल्ट, सेलफ़ोन, बैग इत्यादि अंदर वर्जित है। माता के दर्शन के बाद कालभैरव के दर्शन जरूर करें नहीं तो आपका दर्शन अधूरा है। जय माता दी।
Wanna escape from the hectic schedule of your 9 to 5 job and do a trek then this place is made for you. You get to trek as well as get to visit the most holiest places in the world to cleanse your soul and body. Normal state transportation buses are present to take you to the starting point of the trek you can walk to the temple or take a horse ride and if you are wealthy enough then you can take a helicopter as well which are operated by the Pawan Hans Ltd [But whats the point of a trek on a helicopter]. There are a number of small eateries and outlets in the way as well as in the vicinity of the main temple so food is not a problem here. This place offers breathtaking views and fresh surroundings which adds to its appealing factor.This place is must visit for all the religious people.
What a great place to go. You need to walk through the way almost 12 km from checkpoint. Pre book the things to enjoy hassle free journey. Restaurant and food are of average quality but normal rate. Co-operate with security and other authority and enjoy the trip.