Vaishno Devi Mandir2594 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, Katra District Reasi, Jammu and Kashmir, PIN – 182301, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9101-991234057
- Time Required: 14:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
One of the greatest pilgrims of Hindus all over the world, Vaishno Devi is a temple in the scenically marvellous Trikuta Mountain of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the most revered places in India.
This place is not only visited by devoted Hindus but people of all faiths who wish a change in their lives. It is the second most visited Shrine in the country and attracts 8 million pilgrims every year.
The story of Maa Vaishno Devi differs in various mythological stories. She is one of the 108 Shaktipeeth and is believed to be to be a combined form of Goddess Parvati, Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
It is believed that after beheading Bhairavnath, who troubled the goddess, she took a rock form and immersed herself in meditation forever. This rock form of Vaishnavi in a five and half feet tall rock is the ultimate destination for devotees who visit this temple.
The Vaishnodevi Mandir is situated near Katra, a town around 45 kms from Jammu. The road to the temple is very steep and full of fascinating scenery. A different energy fills up the environment when you travel to the top with others pilgrims, chants of ‘Jai Mata di’ resonate the air.
Pilgrims believe that Mata Vaishno Devi fulfils any desires that the devotees express. The journey is so soothing and peaceful that you hardly feel tired after it. Breath taking scenery on both the side, Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is a once in a lifetime experience.
Vaishno Devi Mandir Travel Tips
- It is said that the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage is incomplete without visitng the Bhairavnath temple. You can book rooms near the Mata temple so you can cover it after relaxing for a while.
- Yatri Helpdesks are available throughout the mandir road.
- Medical services are also available in the journey.
- Prepaid mobiles do not work in the area so try to carry a postpaid mobile card.
- If travelling by Helicopter, reach 2 hours before the given time.
- Do not carry excess baggage or eatables. There are enough facilities and eateries available on the way.
- Do not forget to take Yatra and Darshan slips.
- Bargain with the Doli-owner and horse owners, they hike the prices at times.
- You can also rent an electric car that is convenient if you have elders travelling with you.
- Hire a porter if necessary, the journey is not as easy as it seems.
- Take regular breaks during the journey, it helps to rejuvenate and remain fresh throughout the journey.
- Poojas can be booked online as well as at the helpdesks available throughout the road.
- Other Contact Number: 91-01991-232092
Entrance Ticket Details For Vaishno Devi Mandir
- No cost for on the spot Yatra Parchi, 50/- for online Yatra Parchi
- Helicopter charges are 699/- one way for one person.
How to Reach Vaishno Devi Mandir
- Helicopter service
- Horses and ponies
- Electric cars and Rickshaws
- Doli carried by men
- Mandir Bhojanalayas
- Refreshment units
- Private Dhabas
- Cafe coffee day
- Sagar Ratna
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Jammu include Vaishno Devi Mandir in their plan
05 AM - 06 AM
90.06% of people start their Vaishno Devi Mandir visit around 05 AM - 06 AM
People usually take around 14 Hrs to see Vaishno Devi Mandir
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vaishno Devi Mandir
People normally also visit Vaishno Devi Temple while planning their trip to Vaishno Devi Mandir.
People also prefer to end their day with Vaishno Devi Mandir.