Vir MargCurrently Open
- Address: Virmarg, Jammu city, Jammu and Kashmir, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Food And Drinks, Street Market, Shopping Center, Arts And Crafts, Street Food, Specialty Shop
Vir Marg - Review
Vir marg is a popular shopping and eating destination in Jammu city. Handloom, authentic Kashmiri wool, Jammu souvenirs to multi cuisine restaurants which serve amazing food, Vir marg is the most happening place in Jammu.
Different crafts and arts have been carefully developed in the valley since centuries. Various motifs, crafts and techniques flourished in this area after people from diverse regions moved here and exchanged their skills with each other, blending the crafts to create a new rich tradition.
Garden cafes, Inexpensive restaurants that serve excellent food and special Kashmiri bakeries are a part of this road. Although several other things can be found on this road, this road is famous especially for the handicraft items found here.
Kashmir Government Arts Emporium, Bahu plaza Shopping Complex are some places that are well known shopping destinations on the Vir marg. Kashmir’s rich handicraft industry showcases its talent. Woolen textiles, Pashmina shawls, embroidered suits, Kashmir silk saris, papier mache, woodcarving, hand knotted carpets and lots of other traditional souvenirs are taken away from this road by tourists. It is definitely worth visiting Vir marg if you to buy authentic Kashmiri craft items and try the local cuisine.
Vir Marg Information
- Handloom development Corporation is housed on this road.
- Do not visit the road during rush hours, it gets very crowded.
- Keep your cash and wallet safe, beware of the pickpockets.
- Do not fall for touts who scam people with schemes like Chingu blanket.
- Do not get caught in the clutches of agents who promise you Kashmir tourism products.
- Rajma from this region is very famous; you might want to purchase some.
- Don’t miss to buy an authentic Pashmina shawl!
How To reach Vir Marg by Public Transport
- Public mini buses
- Private vehicles
Restaurants Near Vir Marg
- Premier’s Victoria junction
- Falak revolving restaurant
- Sagar ratna
- Standard restaurant
- Shahi darbar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jammu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jammu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vir Marg
95% of people who visit Jammu include Vir Marg in their plan
7 PM - 8 PM
43.49% of people start their Vir Marg visit around 7 PM - 8 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Vir Marg
94.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vir Marg
Vir Marg Map
Vir Marg Trips
Vir Marg, Jammu Reviews
All QuestionsVir marg
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal