Hallasan National Park1384 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2070-61 1100(Cheonbaek)-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +82-647139950
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
A designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and a World Heritage Site, the Hallasan National Park is loaded with walking trails and is home to South Korea’s highest mountain named the Shield Volcano Hallasan. With about 1800 different kinds of plants and a number of alpine animals, the park is a little gem for nature lovers. Nestled in the heart of Jeju Island, the densely wooded park with flowering hillsides is a treat to be at.
Hallasan National Park Travel Tips
- For in depth information about each trail's opening hours and what to expect while on it, please visit the attraction website.
- Restrooms and parking spaces available.
- Park may be closed due to weather or other conditions subject to the decision of park rangers.
- Camping is only allowed on the Gwaneumsa Campground.
- Sharp temperature changes happen all the time. Carry a light jacket.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hallasan National Park
While there is no cost to hiking up the mountain, you have to pay a fee to set up a campsite there. The price depends on the side of your group:
- KRW 3000 for groups of max 3
- KRW 4500 for groups of max 9
- KRW 6000 for groups of more than 10
- There is an additional fee to use the shower facility on the mountain.
Hallasan National Park Hours
- Trails have different opening and closing time from each other. Also, opening hours vary by season to make sure everyone can finish the trek by sunset. Visit attraction website for details.
How to Reach Hallasan National Park
- Drive to here
- Take a taxi
- Buses may ply to here. Ask local for specific public transport information.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jeju before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jeju and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.93% of people who visit Jeju include Hallasan National Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
90.16% of people start their Hallasan National Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Hallasan National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hallasan National Park