How to Reach Jeju-si
How to reach Jeju-si
- By Air: Jeju international airport (IATA: CJU) is served by 23 airlines. Most flights from Seoul. There are also flights from Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenyang, Dalian, and Changchun. Taxis and buses from the airport will both take you into Jeju city.
- By Boat: Jeju Port receives ferries from Busan, Incheon, Mokpo, Wando and Nokdon. However, the fares for flights to the island are so competitive that very few people come to the Island by boat.
- By Bus: Jeju City can be reached from other cities, villages and tourist destinations from the rest of the island by a comprehensive bus network. The Airport Limousine (route #600) tour bus is a quick way to get to the city of Seogwipo.
- By Bus: Jeju city is served by convenient and timely bus service. Many buses also ply to other tourist destinations outside the city.
- By Car: While it is good to have a car for any destinations to be traveled to outside the city, Jeju City's own traffic system is plagued by a highly inconvenient traffic light system. It only lets one through lane or turning lane go at a time.
- By Taxi: Taxis are not expensive, but the distances between the tourist attractions are great. This can make traveling by taxi are very expensive option.
- By Scooters/Motorcyle: Services such as Mr Lee's Bike Shop make renting scooters and Motorcycles easy. Make sure to carry an international driver's licence as well as the complementary insurance papers. Be careful on driving the highway at night.
Modes of Transportation in Jeju-si
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Jeju-si. The most preferred mode of transport in Jeju-si is Walking.
Average distance: 5 km Average time: 45 min
Walking 100%Walking 45 min Overall average time for 5 kms 45 min