- Address: 22 Samseong-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +82-647223315
- Ticket Price: 2500 KRW
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Samsunghyeol, Jeju-si
This place is unusual even by the standards of mythological landmarks. It is three holes in the ground, regular sized and in every way unremarkable. Yet, thanks to their ties to local legend, tens of thousands drop by to visit every year. It's said that three demi-gods once emerged from these holes. They would go on to become the ancestors of the Goh, Bu, and Yang clans of the island of Jeju. These clans ruled Jeju until AD 937. Annually, on the 10th day of the fourth and tenth lunar months, surviving descendants of the three families congregate here to honor their ancestors. Stones and altars surround the three stones. Nearby, there is a shrine that plays a movie that will tell you of the history of the place in further detail.
- Parking space available for free, but limited.
Samsunghyeol Ticket Prices
- 13-18 years old and military personnel: KRW 1700
- 7-12 years old, Koreans over 65, the disabled.: KRW 1000
- Group (30+ people) rates for all price categories are discounted.
Samsunghyeol Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed for New Year and Thanksgiving.
How To reach Samsunghyeol by Public Transport
- City Bus No. 100 stops nearby
- Take a taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jeju-si before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jeju-si and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Samsunghyeol
95% of people who visit Jeju-si include Samsunghyeol in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
62.89% of people start their Samsunghyeol visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Samsunghyeol
91.09% of people prefer walking in order to reach Samsunghyeol
Samsunghyeol, Jeju-si Reviews
You may find it interesting if you are interested in a legend, folk tale or something like that. The story goes like this, there were three gods who came to Jeju and lived peacefully... And one day.... But it's usually in Korean. Especially the movie was dubbed in Korean. It should have English version. But I am not sure there is. The movie is good way you come to know the story.
A great place to learn the history and legends of Jeju Island. The interactive movie is really interesting, and you can have a nice walk around the place.
Historical site of Jeju. The name Samsungheol mean three last name holes. Legends says that three man came from the three holes here and became the first people of Jeju. There is a huge cherry blossom tree inside.
I went there in late afternoon and there was not much people there. The cherry blossom trees are nice with the shrine as the background.
The Samseonghyeol shrine is a place where you can learn about the island and the story of the 3 demi gods who are at the origin of the civilization on Jeju Island. It is a very beautiful and peaceful place.The entrance fee is 2,500 KRW for one adult.
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Bł. Michała Kozala Biskupa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Mikołaja
- Kościół Zielonoświątkowy
- Dom Rekolekcyjny Archidiecezji Gdańskiej
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jacka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Matki Bożej Nieustającej Pomocy
- Starostwo Powiatowe W Pruszczu Gdańskim
- Gospodarstwo Ogrodnicze Zofia Tomaszewska
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Podwyższenia Krzyża Świętego
- Club 27 Bowling & Bilard
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Macierzyństwa NMP
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Chrystusa Króla
- Klub Garnizonowy
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Św. Józefa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Apostołów Piotra I Pawła