Udo IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Udo, South Korea, Jeju-si
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Beach, Island, Light House, View Point, Family And Kids
About Udo Island, Jeju-si
The name 'Udo' literally means 'cow' - the locals think that the island looks like a cow lying down. 3.5 km off the coast of Jeju, the island can be reached by ferry. The island is a lava plateau. Most of the land is used to grow crops such as sweet potatoes, garlic, and peanuts. Visited by about a million people every year, its landscape is quite pretty. Its main attractions are:
- The Seobin Baeksa coral beach
- The Hagosudong beach
- The Dongangyoeng cave
- Udo Museum
- The Udobong Peak lighthouse
The rustic island has something old worldly about it, and it doesn't look like the Korea you're probably used to.
Udo Island Information
- You can get around the main tourist sites by the island's tourist bus.
- The best way to get around is to rent a scooter/ATV/Bicycle from the locals.
- Carry some ID.
- Carry a map of the island.
Udo Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Ferry leaves Seongsangri Port starting 8am, and departs every 30-60 minutes.
How To reach Udo Island by Public Transport
- From Jeju, take the bus No. 700 to Seongsangri Port (6:25am earliest). The ferry terminal is a 10 minute walk. The ferry costs KWR 2000 for a person; KWR 13,200 for the car. Return tickets are cheaper.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jeju-si before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jeju-si and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Udo Island
95% of people who visit Jeju-si include Udo Island in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
21.64% of people start their Udo Island visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Udo Island
66.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Udo Island