Udo Island, Jeju-si
About Udo Island, Jeju-si
Udo Island, Jeju-si - Address
Address: Udo, South Korea
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Beach, Island, Light House, View Point, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The name 'Udo' literally means 'cow' - the locals think that the island looks like a cow lying down. 3.5 km off the coast of Jeju, the island can be reached by ferry. The island is a lava plateau. Most of the land is used to grow crops such as sweet potatoes, garlic, and peanuts. Visited by about a million people every year, its landscape is quite pretty. Its main attractions are:
- The Seobin Baeksa coral beach
- The Hagosudong beach
- The Dongangyoeng cave
- Udo Museum
- The Udobong Peak lighthouse
The rustic island has something old worldly about it, and it doesn't look like the Korea you're probably used to.
Udo Island Information
- You can get around the main tourist sites by the island's tourist bus.
- The best way to get around is to rent a scooter/ATV/Bicycle from the locals.
- Carry some ID.
- Carry a map of the island.
Udo Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Ferry leaves Seongsangri Port starting 8am, and departs every 30-60 minutes.
How To reach Udo Island by Public Transport
- From Jeju, take the bus No. 700 to Seongsangri Port (6:25am earliest). The ferry terminal is a 10 minute walk. The ferry costs KWR 2000 for a person; KWR 13,200 for the car. Return tickets are cheaper.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jeju-si before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jeju-si and book an accommodation of your choice.
Udo Island, Jeju-si Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Gwandeok-ro 17-gil
- Woljeong-ri, Gujwa-eup
- Reve Hotel Jeju
- Jeju-si Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jeju-si
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jeju-si
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jeju-si
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jeju-si
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jeju-si
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jeju-si