How to Reach Jerez
HOW TO GET TO JEREZ
Jerez is well-connected to the main cities in Spain by air, rail, and road.
By Plane: Direct flights to Jerez Airport are available from Madrid, London, Palma de Mallorca, and Frankfurt. The number of flights increase during the summer season.
By Train: Spanish National Railway operates long distance, regional, and commuter rail service for the travelers.
- Long Distance Trains: ALVIA trains from Madrid and AVE trains from Seville are available.
- Regional Trains: Andalucia Express that runs through Sevilla/Córdoba/Jaén cities stops at Jerez.
- Commuter Train: With the help of this, you can travel to Jerez Railway Station from Jerez airport.
By Bus: The bus service in Jerez is good enough and if in any case you miss your train, traveling by bus to Jerez is a great option.
- Long Distance Bus: Buses from Madrid Estación Sur Mendez Álvaro to Jerez run twice every day.
- Regional Buses: Bus between Sevilla and Algeciras takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes to reach Jerez.
By Car: Traveling to Jerez by car rental service is not only convenient but also fun as you can explore every corner of the city. You can drive to Jerez through the following roads.
- Motorway Jerez-Sevilla AP-4 / E-5 from Sevilla.
- Autovia A4 - IV National
- Highway Jerez-Los Barrios A-381 (A modern highway specially designed to protect the Park that comes between)
- Highway Jerez-Arcos de la Frontera A-382 (Completed in July 2007)
- Highway Chipiona, Jerez A-480
- You can reach Jerez by two ring roads that are connected from the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND JEREZ
Many tourists prefer to explore the city on foot as it gives an opportunity to know the city’s culture, beliefs, and cuisines. Walking on the streets of Jerez is absolute fun while you come across beautiful palaces, restaurants, and shopping malls. Apart from this, you can get around the city by the following options.
- By Boat: As the Guadalete river flows through the city, boat service is common in Jerez.
- By Tram: Due to a large number of tourists visiting the city and heave traffic during the peak time, the City Council has decided to build a tram featuring 45 kilometers of track. It is under construction at present.
- By Taxi: You will find the taxi service everywhere in the city. It is quite good and convenient.
- By Car: You get a car on rent and park it at the nearby city center comfortably.
- By Bicycle: The best way to roam around the city if to get a bike and explore the best attractions of the city on your own. The city provides free public transport bicycles that you can ride for two hours and leave at one of the cycle stops.