Liberty Science Center
Tours for Liberty Science Center
About Liberty Science Center, Jersey City
An interactive science museum and learning centre, the Liberty State Park is located in the Liberty State Park. The park opened in 1993 and is spread over 300,000 square feet of area. The IMAX Dome Theatre is one of the largest in United States. The centre features numerous educational resources, and the original Hoberman sphere, a silver and computer-driven engineering artwork making the experience more interactive.
The skyscraper exhibition is largest of its kind in the world and also features the mighty WTC towers.
Other exhibits include:
- Rubik's Cube Exhibition
- Eat and Be Eaten
- Infection Connection
- I explore
- Our Hudson Home
- Wonder Why
- Energy Quest
- Wildlife challenge
- Goose bumps
Liberty Science Center Information
- Guests under age 2 are not permitted in the IMAX Dome Theater.
- Lightning Show contains very loud noises and strobe lights. Not suitable for children age 2 or under. Not suitable for guests with pacemakers.
- The teacher rate is for teachers only, and requires an ID.
- Money-saving combo tickets.
- Military and college student discounts.
- Special discounts and customized experiences for school and tour groups.
- Online booking is available.
Liberty Science Center Tickets Prices
- General admission+ one film= 27.75 USD
- General admission + two films= 31.75 USD
- Kids, seniors and students have discounted rates.
Liberty Science Center Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed in September on some dates for maintenance, check official website for details.
- For reservations: Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday – Sunday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
How To Get To Liberty Science Center by Public Transport
- Light rail to Hudson-Bergen.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jersey City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jersey City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 222 Jersey City Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07305, United States
Ticket Price: 22 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 53.6K times in trip plans
Museum, Science Museum, Exhibition
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Liberty Science Center Tickets And Tours
See the famous New York City skyline in an incredible new way! Our harbor tour begins at Surf City in Jersey City. SpeedÂ down the Hudson River andÂ stop to circle the base of the historic Statue of Liberty. With speeds reaching 50 miles/hour, there will be plenty of time to slow down for some photos! Whether you are visiting or a native New Yorker, the tour is an unforgettable way to see the city like never before.
Share your experience - Rate Liberty Science Center, Jersey City
Very bad experience. The place was overly crowded and it was sweltering hot inside. Literally had to wait 20 minutes for the elevator to come. They only had one working elevator. Ended up carrying the stroller up endless flights of stairs. The exhibits were barely anything to look at. Maybe for young kids there were a couple of interesting things but extremely boring for the parents!!! Will not be going there again!!
Great place to visit. It's very educational & hands on which the kids absolutely love. I would definitely recommend a trip with the family. There is so much to do. Be forewarned though... it can be a bit pricey especially the food & gift shop. Other than that everything else is great.
Went for the Thomas exhibit on a Saturday morning. Good concept and my 2.5 yr old enjoyed it for about 30 min but then got overwhelmed with all the people. , Very crowded even at 10am. A lot of kids and adults hovering and taking pics, which I did as well, but would have been nicer to set up in a bigger area with more room in between activities. There was a very large train track (model of sodor) with plenty of small trains for kids to play with. Other activities included loading coal and water into Percy, fixing Percy's wheels and playing engineer on a large Thomas. There was also some open areas intended to be train cars with luggage and a ticket counter with tickets/money.
I am giving it only 2 stars because what angers me is the fact that this place is only affordable when you have lots of extra money! To take a family there is quite expensive. They "milk" you for the parking, the tickets (kinda forcing you to get a membership) and the movies, over priced bad food.. Really? And many of the exhibits don't work The newer animal and fish exhibits are beautiful though and I understand that it costs a lot to maintain. But maybe many more people of all social and economical backgraounds would come and visit if you were less expensive!
Had a great time. Laser show was awesome. Ppl of all walks of life and nationality. Music was the bomb (thanks to the DJ ) food was great. I would go again.
- Nearby Attractions
- Central Railroad Of New Jersey Terminal
- Hudson And Manhattan Railroad Powerhouse
- Grace Church Van Vorst
- Jersey City Museum
- Stanley Theatre
- Old Bergen Church
- Museum Of Russian Art
- Hudson County Courthouse
- Bayview - New York Bay Cemetery
- Trump Tajmahal
- Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- Budget Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- Cheap Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- Luxury Hotels Near Liberty Science Center
- Jersey City Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Jersey City
- 2 Days in Jersey City
- 3 Days in Jersey City
- 4 Days in Jersey City
- 5 Days in Jersey City
- 6 Days in Jersey City
- 7 Days in Jersey City