David's Tomb, Jerusalem
About David's Tomb, Jerusalem
David's Tomb, Jerusalem - Address, Phone Number
Address: Maale Shazach st., Mount Zion, Jerusalem
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 01:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Tomb, Synagogue
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
King David's Tomb is one of the controversial sites in Jerusalem. Some believe that he was buried at Mount Zion in an embellished tomb while some believe that this Tomb is too modern in its design to truly be the King’s resting place.
For tourists, however, this does not reduce the mystique of the place and pilgrims wait in long queues to be able to pay their respect and pray at the tomb.
A visit here will give you a peak into the faith and belief of the locals and if you can spend a few minutes here, do offer a small prayer to complete the experience.
David's Tomb Information
- Men are required to cover their head.
- Admission is Free.
David's Tomb Opening and Closing Hours
- Sunday-Thursday: 1:00 am -9:00 pm (Friday night until 8:00 pm)
- Friday Night and Saturday: Open all night
How To reach David's Tomb by Public Transport
- By Bus: at Mount Zion / up peace
- By Light Rail: at City Hall (1.4 kilometers away)
- By Taxi.
- Rent a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
David's Tomb, Jerusalem Reviews - Write a Review
Simple and little place. It's not interesting.
Hast great lookout of the surrounding area, a small park just outside the southern exit, and offers a fantastic blend of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish culture and history
Best seen by night when it's all lit up.
I pray to God to visit holy land
A very special place. It's important to daven here.
- Nearby Attractions
- The Cardo
- The First Station
- Church Of Saint Peter In Gallicantu
- Bible Lands Museum
- Al Aqsa Mosque
- Ein Kerem
- Mount Of Olives Jewish Cemetery
- Shabbat Of A Lifetime
- Jerusalem Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jerusalem