Emmaus Nicopolis223 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jerusalem-Tel Aviv Road, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Village, Family And Kids
Located around 30 kilometers away from Jerusalem, the Emmaus Nicopolis village is where Jesus is believed to have broken bread after his resurrection in Jerusalem.
The story goes that two disciples travelling from Jerusalem to Emaus meet a stranger and as they share their evening meal, they recognize the stranger to be Jesus himself.
Today the village’s churches and basilica hold the interest in the village as much as the story and the exclusive architecture and art that they embrace.
- Emmaus Nicopolis church
- Ruins of two Basilicas belonging to Byzantine era
- Ancient Jewish tombs
Emmaus Nicopolis Travel Tips
- Carry bottled water.
- The place has many local tour operators. You can contact one of them to tour the village in a few hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Emmaus Nicopolis
- Admission prices of individual attractions in the village vary. For precise prices, visit the official website of the individual attractions.
Emmaus Nicopolis Hours
Emmaus Nicopolis Church Timings
Summer (April- September):
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Sunday closed
Winter (October to March):
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday closed
- Closed on December 25, Good Friday and Yom Kippur.
- Other timings of attractions in the village vary. Visit the official website of individual attractions for more information.
How to Reach Emmaus Nicopolis
- Bus: At Latrun stop
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Bike/ Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.08% of people who visit Jerusalem include Emmaus Nicopolis in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
19.51% of people start their Emmaus Nicopolis visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Emmaus Nicopolis
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Emmaus Nicopolis