Events and Festivals in Jerusalem, Israel
Events and Festivals in Jerusalem
Jerusalem is the point of major celebration for Israel’s innumerable festivals. The streets, the people, the backdrop of the ancient city makes sure you have a memorable festive experience.
- Israel festival: Held all around the country, the Israel festival celebrates performing arts with many of its days organized in Jerusalem. Expect Jazz, Theatre, Dance and Classical music performed by some of the best musicians and artists from all around Israel.
- Festival of Lights: Held in June, the festival lights up the whole Old City and makes for a unique experience to walk through the ancient ruins and quarters.
- Jerusalem Opera Festival: June sees the Jerusalem Opera Festival when the old city forms the stage for renowned Opera performances that echo throughout Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Sacred Music Festival: Held in August every year, the Sacred Music Festival offers a peaceful merging of artists from different cultures and includes international as well as local musicians. Jerusalem has a more spiritual approach to music and this is exactly what the festival stands for.
- Hutzot Hayotzer: August celebrates local arts and folklore through its Hutzot Hayotzer festival where some of the best artists in Israel showcase their workmanship in ceramics, jewelry, weaving, metal artefacts and textiles.
- Open Houses Festival: The festival is the highlight of October when ancient ruins, tombs, houses, synagogues, villas, churches, gardens and plazas all keep their doors open. Many tourists fly to the city for this festival to celebrate the city’s rich history, stories and architecture.
- Christmas celebration: Held on 25th December, the Christmas celebrations include a tour of the churches in the Old City and the lights and music create a warm ambience for the season. Visit the Christmas market near the New Gate if you are in Jerusalem around December end.
Trip plans for Jerusalem
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Jerusalem
Jerusalem Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jerusalem
Monasteries of the Judean Desert New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
This 8 hours long tour will give you an insight of the monastic life in the Judean Desert. During this fascinating ...Book Now
Save 11%Tour Paquete Cristiano a Tierra Santa Israel 7 das New on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Days
Visita *Via Dolorosa *Beln * Ro Jordn Yardenit *Jerusaln * Cesarea * Haifa * Rosh Hanikra * Akko * Masada * Mar Muerto * Naza...
Full Day Jerusalem and Bethlehem New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
With this private tour with a private guide you visit Bethlehem, The Mount of Olives and the Old City of Jerusalem.Book Now
Save 7%Bitemojo Self-guided Creative Class Culinary Tour of Jerusalem New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Completely self-guided and independent, explore at your own pace with the guidance of your smartphone using the Bitemojo app!...
- Events & Festivals in Nazareth
- Events & Festivals in Yokne'am Illit
- Events & Festivals in Bet Hashmonay
- Events & Festivals in Herzlia
- Events & Festivals in Kadima Zoran
- Events & Festivals in Eliakim
- Events & Festivals in Hanni'el Street
- Events & Festivals in Qiryat Ono
- Events & Festivals in Petah Tikva