Events and Festivals in Jerusalem
Jerusalem is the point of major celebration for Israel’s innumerable festivals. The streets, the people, the backdrop of the ancient city makes sure you have a memorable festive experience.
- Israel festival: Held all around the country, the Israel festival celebrates performing arts with many of its days organized in Jerusalem. Expect Jazz, Theatre, Dance and Classical music performed by some of the best musicians and artists from all around Israel.
- Festival of Lights: Held in June, the festival lights up the whole Old City and makes for a unique experience to walk through the ancient ruins and quarters.
- Jerusalem Opera Festival: June sees the Jerusalem Opera Festival when the old city forms the stage for renowned Opera performances that echo throughout Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Sacred Music Festival: Held in August every year, the Sacred Music Festival offers a peaceful merging of artists from different cultures and includes international as well as local musicians. Jerusalem has a more spiritual approach to music and this is exactly what the festival stands for.
- Hutzot Hayotzer: August celebrates local arts and folklore through its Hutzot Hayotzer festival where some of the best artists in Israel showcase their workmanship in ceramics, jewelry, weaving, metal artefacts and textiles.
- Open Houses Festival: The festival is the highlight of October when ancient ruins, tombs, houses, synagogues, villas, churches, gardens and plazas all keep their doors open. Many tourists fly to the city for this festival to celebrate the city’s rich history, stories and architecture.
- Christmas celebration: Held on 25th December, the Christmas celebrations include a tour of the churches in the Old City and the lights and music create a warm ambience for the season. Visit the Christmas market near the New Gate if you are in Jerusalem around December end.
Trip plans for Jerusalem
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Jerusalem
Jerusalem Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Jerusalem
3-Day Petra Wadi Rum and Jordan Tour from Jerusalem3 Reviews
Duration: 3 Days
This 3-day group tour of Jordan leaving from Jerusalem will take you to all of the highlights of Jordan including Petra, Wadi...Book Now
Save 7%Jerusalem Three Religions Holy City Walking Tour91 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
See Old Jerusalems holiest sites through Jewish, Christian and Muslim eyes on this revealing 4-hour walking tour. Accompanied...
Save 10%Jerusalem Full Day Tour from Tel Aviv15 Reviews
Duration: 11 Hrs
Your full day group tour to Jerusalem starts with a drive in an air-conditioned coach from Tel-Aviv to first stop at Mount of...
Save 11%Jerusalem, Dead Sea, and Bethlehem from Tel Aviv18 Reviews
Duration: 1 Days
Starting from Tel Aviv, travel to four of Israel's highlights. Drive to Jerusalem, and explore the Old City with our gui...
- Events & Festivals in Beit Shemesh
- Events & Festivals in Lod
- Events & Festivals in Rehovot
- Events & Festivals in Kiryat Gat
- Events & Festivals in Rishon Lezion
- Events & Festivals in Misgav Dov