- Address: Jericho Rd, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +972-26266430
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Religious Site, Garden, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Gethsemane - Review
The Garden of Gethsemane has an ancient Olive garden where Jesus would visit quiet often with his disciples to pray and where they slept the night before Jesus was crucified.
It was at this very place that the soldiers arrested Jesus Christ and handed him over to Pontius Pilate. Today, the garden is a place of worship and still echoes its stories.
The calm, tranquil ambience of the place is apt for taking a few minutes and offering a prayer in silence while a walk through the premises is akin to touching history.
- Other Contact No: +972-26266444
Gethsemane Opening and Closing Hours
Opening and closing times of the Grotto of Gethsemane:
- Summer (April-September): 8.30 am – 12.00 pm / 2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
- Winter (October-March): 8.30 am – 12.00 pm / 2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
- The Grotto of Gethsemane closes at 4.00 pm on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Each day at 6:00 am (in Italian), Sunday at 7:00 am.
- Each Thursday at 4.00 pm (in Italian)
- Sunday Mass is followed by the Eucharistic adoration.
Holy Hour officiated:
- From Monday to Saturday at 8:00 pm -9:00pm. International Holy Hour - Reservations are required at Franciscan Pilgrims' Office - FPO.
- The first Thursday of each month at 8.30 pm with procession around the Holy Orto.
How To reach Gethsemane by Public Transport
- Bus: At Jericho Road / through Ophel
- Light Rail: At Damascus Gate (1.2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gethsemane
95% of people who visit Jerusalem include Gethsemane in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
55.2% of people start their Gethsemane visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Gethsemane
93.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gethsemane
Gethsemane Sightseeing Tours
Gethsemane Culture & Theme Based Tours
Gethsemane, Jerusalem Reviews
The small garden area itself is fenced and you walk around the outside with crowds of people looking in. Worthwhile to see, and some of the Olive trees are actually 2,000 years old. The church next door is truly beautiful inside and there are regular services in several languages.
If you are Christian it's for you. History loving person will enjoy. Beautiful church, you will feel that you are walking with Jesus. Gethsemane has its own significant.... It's exclusively an experience.. don't miss.
Memorable for every christian as you visit this place after walking through Via Del Rosa . it brings the scriptures alive and makes you understand the essence of the crucifixion. Moments before and after. Its much better to have a tour guide take you through
A lovely and very well kept garden with truly ancient olive trees. The shrine itself is dimly lit and has a very somber feel. Tourists and pilgrims are encouraged to not linger but to continue to move.
(Private area) Such a peaceful unspoilt garden that provides reflection and prayer giving the realisation of what Jesus and his disciples would have experienced. (Public area) many old olive trees with modern plants giving some colour to the garden. A beautiful church is also within the grounds
- Maengwyn Hir Caravan Park
- Ace Framing & Art Gallery
- Coxs Tackle
- Stephenson's Memorial Works
- Real Simulation
- Trout, Graham, Flies
- Caeran Caravan Park
- Brampton Gardens Green
- Guide Post Library
- Capricorn Mobile Disco
- Holy Family Parent And Toddler Group
- Bomersund Social Club
- Cleaswell Hill Library
- Paddock Hall Equestrian Centre