About Gethsemane, Jerusalem
Gethsemane, Jerusalem - Address, Phone Number
Address: Jericho Rd, Jerusalem, Israel
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Garden, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Garden of Gethsemane has an ancient Olive garden where Jesus would visit quiet often with his disciples to pray and where they slept the night before Jesus was crucified.
It was at this very place that the soldiers arrested Jesus Christ and handed him over to Pontius Pilate. Today, the garden is a place of worship and still echoes its stories.
The calm, tranquil ambience of the place is apt for taking a few minutes and offering a prayer in silence while a walk through the premises is akin to touching history.
- Other Contact No: +972-26266444
Gethsemane Opening and Closing Hours
Opening and closing times of the Grotto of Gethsemane:
- Summer (April-September): 8.30 am – 12.00 pm / 2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
- Winter (October-March): 8.30 am – 12.00 pm / 2.30 pm – 5.00 pm
- The Grotto of Gethsemane closes at 4.00 pm on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Each day at 6:00 am (in Italian), Sunday at 7:00 am.
- Each Thursday at 4.00 pm (in Italian)
- Sunday Mass is followed by the Eucharistic adoration.
Holy Hour officiated:
- From Monday to Saturday at 8:00 pm -9:00pm. International Holy Hour - Reservations are required at Franciscan Pilgrims' Office - FPO.
- The first Thursday of each month at 8.30 pm with procession around the Holy Orto.
How To reach Gethsemane by Public Transport
- Bus: At Jericho Road / through Ophel
- Light Rail: At Damascus Gate (1.2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gethsemane, Jerusalem Reviews - Write a Review
It was the most humbling spiritual experience I had on the Israel Pilgrimage. Neat, peaceful and clean environment. Well kept
Wow wow!! Most beautiful church and 2000 year old olive trees. I'm in love with this place. Such history!!
A beautiful garden, kept very similar to as it was in Jesus’ time. There’s speculation as to whether the trees had been historically cut down or not, but if these aren’t the same ones, they are definitely of the seedlings
One of the most beautiful and moving places while touring Jerusalem!
Best to visit after 11 to skip crowds
- Nearby Attractions
- David's Tomb
- Al Aqsa Mosque
- Ein Kerem
- Mount Of Olives Jewish Cemetery
- Shabbat Of A Lifetime
- The Cenacle
- Tomb Of The Virgin Mary
- Ammunition Hill Memorial And Museum
- Armenian Quarter
- Muslim Quarter
- Jerusalem Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jerusalem