Independence ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Menashe Ben Israel st., Jerusalem, Israel Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Presently located to the west of Mamilla Cemetery, the area was originally used to demarcate the area between the Jewish City and the Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem. Post the 1948 War, the area was planed to be a green area and in 1959 the Independence Park was founded.
On sunny days, you can see locals have picnics here with family and friends and people taking casual walks along the green lawns and simply seeing the world go by.
The park has a small playground for children and is used to host important LGBT events including the annual Gay Pride Parade.
Independence Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and wear sunscreen.
Entrance Ticket Details For Independence Park
- Admission is Free.
How to Reach Independence Park
- Bus: at Square France / Thesaurus
- Light Rail: at City Hall
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Independence Park Address: Menashe Ben Israel st., Jerusalem, Israel
- Independence Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Independence Park(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Independence Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.11% of people who visit Jerusalem include Independence Park in their plan
50% of people start their Independence Park visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Independence Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Independence Park
People normally club together Jerusalem Bird Observatory and Herzl Museum while planning their visit to Independence Park.