The Israel Museum has some of the best artifacts and unique objects in not just the history of the country but of the world. The museum was established in 1965 and is one of the largest museums in Middle East!
- A Nail which is believed to be one of the nails used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea scrolls (the oldest biblical manuscripts in the world).
The museum also has a Fine Art museum and an Art Garden and functions the other museum on their off-site location including the Rockefeller Museum and Ticho house.
Entrance Ticket Details For Israel Museum
- Adults : NIS 54
- Students: NIS 39
- Children and teens (aged 5 to 17: Free on Tues and Saturday (except groups and workshops): NIS 27 per person
- Senior Citizen (Upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik or International ID): NIS 27
- Disabled: NIS 27
- Soldier / National Service (Upon presentation of suitable ID): Free
- Repeat Visit (within 3 months): NIS 27
- Jerusalem Resident Cardholder: NIS 46
- Leumi 1+1 cardholders: Discount on tickets purchased in advance on the Leumi Card website
- Isracard customers get 50% discount
- Free audio guide for hearing impaired visitors included with all tickets
For other prices, visit the official website.
Israel Museum Hours
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Tuesday: 4.00 pm -8.00 pm
- Closed on Friday, Saturday, Holiday Eves, and Holidays
- The Museum's shop is open during regular Museum hours and also during the day on Tuesdays.
For other timings, visit the official website.
How to Reach Israel Museum
- Bus: The Israel Museum / Ruppin
- Light Rail: at Pioneer
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.12% of people who visit Jerusalem include Israel Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.37% of people start their Israel Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Israel Museum
91.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Israel Museum
Israel Museum Reviews & Ratings
This a must see museum. It would really take two days to see this museum. It is a beautiful museum filled with more than I can describe , including the Dead Sea Scrolls and so much more. Air conditioned throughout. Nice restaurant and cafes. Excellent book and gift shop.
Always lovely. The permanent exhibitions are wonderful and diverse, the temporary ones are very interesting. The sculpture garden is wonderful when it's cooler out.
Amazing collection of Judaica and the Dead Sea Scrolls, plus a wonderful model of the Second Temple, great Impressionist art and some nice temporary exhibits. A very worthwhile stop on any tour of Jerusalem. Don't miss the recreated Synagogue interiors!
We always have a good time here. The Peter Pan, Through Time and Space, Veiled Women of the Holy Land, and Manifesto (which we needed more time to appreciate fully) are great new additions
This is an amazing museum has The Dead Sea Scrolls! It also has a replica of how Jerusalem looked around the time of Jesus Christ when the Temple was still in place. This is the best museum in Israel! This is a must go place when in Jerusalem!