Israel MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Derech Ruppin, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +972-26708811
- Ticket Price: 54 ILS
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Israel Museum - Review
The Israel Museum has some of the best artifacts and unique objects in not just the history of the country but of the world. The museum was established in 1965 and is one of the largest museums in Middle East!
- A Nail which is believed to be one of the nails used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea scrolls (the oldest biblical manuscripts in the world).
The museum also has a Fine Art museum and an Art Garden and functions the other museum on their off-site location including the Rockefeller Museum and Ticho house.
Israel Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : NIS 54
- Students: NIS 39
- Children and teens (aged 5 to 17: Free on Tues and Saturday (except groups and workshops): NIS 27 per person
- Senior Citizen (Upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik or International ID): NIS 27
- Disabled: NIS 27
- Soldier / National Service (Upon presentation of suitable ID): Free
- Repeat Visit (within 3 months): NIS 27
- Jerusalem Resident Cardholder: NIS 46
- Leumi 1+1 cardholders: Discount on tickets purchased in advance on the Leumi Card website
- Isracard customers get 50% discount
- Free audio guide for hearing impaired visitors included with all tickets
For other prices, visit the official website.
Israel Museum Hours
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Tuesday: 4.00 pm -8.00 pm
- Closed on Friday, Saturday, Holiday Eves, and Holidays
- The Museum's shop is open during regular Museum hours and also during the day on Tuesdays.
For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Israel Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: The Israel Museum / Ruppin
- Light Rail: at Pioneer
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Israel Museum
67.2% of people who visit Jerusalem include Israel Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.37% of people start their Israel Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Israel Museum
91.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Israel Museum
Israel Museum Trips
Israel Museum, Jerusalem Reviews
An amazing museum with a very large exhibition of different time periods in the Holy Land's history. Also a lot of exhibitions from neighbouring countries. I liked the part about the Israelites and Holy Land best. The pieces are showcased really well, with a modern twist. Good information and audio guides are available too, for free! The shrine of the Book is amazing. The entrance to the center of it is something out of this world. As if you are visiting an alien planet. A very, very good museum.
Museum of world-class! They offer free tours. (Archeology, Jewish life circle, dead sea scrolls, and Jerusalem model is second Temple time. Amazing Archeology. The rooms are going in order. Starting with Prehistoric and slowly to early Christianity, Muslim periods...just follow the Numbers. Jewish traditions from all over the world. Check out special events! Always something going on. With kids the children ward. Modern Art with very famous painters... So middle-age paintings... Great photos in sculpture park if you be there late afternoon. Brought my kids often there, even when they were young. Lots to see and one day is not enough. Don't miss the synagogue from the caribic. It has a floor covered with sand, or the synagogue from India... I love the place. Besides warm in winter, cool in summer. And ask for the movie if you go to the dead sea scrolls. Most important photos from Archeology I don't have on phone. Sorry
It's a very excellent museum to visit. This is a very large museum, it would take almost the whole day i order to see everything display in the museum. It's very educational for everyone to see and enjoy the history of the biblical time. The dead sea scrolls is an excellent artifact, and its a must thing to see at this museum. The museum looks very modern and the staffs are very courteous and professional. Please do not hesitate to ask them for the direction or any other information. Stop-by and enjoys!
I just spent 6 hrs visiting with my wife at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. The site is so large and contains various fields of interest that we saw only a fraction of it. You can see the history of mankind and prehistoric objects to see and learn of our evolution. Also, other interesting sections on Sigmund Freud and modern art. The museum of book (Shrine of the Book), most interesting to see how the Dead Sea Scrolls were conserve for some many years and what they tell us about the Jewish people, amazing.
It's a place you should visit at least once a year. The place is huge and you can't see much in one day. The new exhibition of the clothing includes new and old clothes and therefore very interesting for all people with at least a bit of love for fashion. The Qumran Scrolls are amazing proofs of us, the Jews, being a part of this land for thousands of years. A special building that suits very young children. View , sculptures fresh air in the hot summer... We love it.