Israel Museum, Jerusalem
About Israel Museum, Jerusalem
Israel Museum, Jerusalem - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Derech Ruppin, Jerusalem, Israel
Ticket Price: 54 ILS
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.6K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Israel Museum has some of the best artifacts and unique objects in not just the history of the country but of the world. The museum was established in 1965 and is one of the largest museums in Middle East!
- A Nail which is believed to be one of the nails used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea scrolls (the oldest biblical manuscripts in the world).
The museum also has a Fine Art museum and an Art Garden and functions the other museum on their off-site location including the Rockefeller Museum and Ticho house.
Israel Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : NIS 54
- Students: NIS 39
- Children and teens (aged 5 to 17: Free on Tues and Saturday (except groups and workshops): NIS 27 per person
- Senior Citizen (Upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik or International ID): NIS 27
- Disabled: NIS 27
- Soldier / National Service (Upon presentation of suitable ID): Free
- Repeat Visit (within 3 months): NIS 27
- Jerusalem Resident Cardholder: NIS 46
- Leumi 1+1 cardholders: Discount on tickets purchased in advance on the Leumi Card website
- Isracard customers get 50% discount
- Free audio guide for hearing impaired visitors included with all tickets
For other prices, visit the official website.
Israel Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Tuesday: 4.00 pm -8.00 pm
- Closed on Friday, Saturday, Holiday Eves, and Holidays
- The Museum's shop is open during regular Museum hours and also during the day on Tuesdays.
For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Israel Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: The Israel Museum / Ruppin
- Light Rail: at Pioneer
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Israel Museum, Jerusalem Reviews - Write a Review
Great museum. Lots of exhibits. Lots of human history here. Can easily spend hours reading and looking at the exhibits. I highly recommend having a tour guide to help tie everything together. But you can also meander around and read the descriptions.
I'm sure the museum is great but we came as a tour bus at 12 and it was closed. The only things open are the dead sea scrolls and a model of Jerusalem. Can be seen in 30 minutes. The dead sea scrolls we're fascinating but the staff was rude and stared at you the whole time. The hot chocolate in the cafe by the entrance was delicious and she was very nice.
Excellent archaeology and fine art exhibitions. A must when visiting Israel. Takes a whole day. After a visit there is a great park to cross if you want to go into the city center by foot. Your ticket makes a 50 percent discount on your next visit within 3 months.
The best Israel museum. I especially like a section that shows ancient world. Also collection of Judaica is really impressive. Additionally, there are interesting theme exhibitions that include both old and modern art
The outside sculpture garden is magnificent. The children's wing is great. The art collections are excellent. Also houses the Shrine of the Book, where the Dead Sea Scrolls are housed.
- Nearby Attractions
- Zion Gate
- The Friends Of Zion Museum
- Mishkenot Sha'ananim
- Avshalom Cave
- Montefiore Windmill
- L. A. Mayer Institute For Islamic Art
- Jerusalem Botanical Gardens
- Chapel Of The Ascension
- Arabic Market
- Schindler's Grave
- Jerusalem Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jerusalem