Israel Museum, JerusalemCurrently Open
- Address: Derech Ruppin, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +972-26708811
- Ticket Price: 54 ILS
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
About Israel Museum, Jerusalem
The Israel Museum has some of the best artifacts and unique objects in not just the history of the country but of the world. The museum was established in 1965 and is one of the largest museums in Middle East!
- A Nail which is believed to be one of the nails used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea scrolls (the oldest biblical manuscripts in the world).
The museum also has a Fine Art museum and an Art Garden and functions the other museum on their off-site location including the Rockefeller Museum and Ticho house.
Israel Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : NIS 54
- Students: NIS 39
- Children and teens (aged 5 to 17: Free on Tues and Saturday (except groups and workshops): NIS 27 per person
- Senior Citizen (Upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik or International ID): NIS 27
- Disabled: NIS 27
- Soldier / National Service (Upon presentation of suitable ID): Free
- Repeat Visit (within 3 months): NIS 27
- Jerusalem Resident Cardholder: NIS 46
- Leumi 1+1 cardholders: Discount on tickets purchased in advance on the Leumi Card website
- Isracard customers get 50% discount
- Free audio guide for hearing impaired visitors included with all tickets
For other prices, visit the official website.
Israel Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Tuesday: 4.00 pm -8.00 pm
- Closed on Friday, Saturday, Holiday Eves, and Holidays
- The Museum's shop is open during regular Museum hours and also during the day on Tuesdays.
For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Israel Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: The Israel Museum / Ruppin
- Light Rail: at Pioneer
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Israel Museum, Jerusalem Reviews
Highly recommended museum. The exhibits are diverse and well designed. You can spend more than just one day and enjoy all that the museum has to offer. There is also a beautiful garden with a view of Jerusalem and statues.
It's a "must" place to visit if you are in Jerusalem. You can definitely learn a lot from the culture, history and from the Jewish culture. It's the place where you can also see old manuscripts from the Bible and this is one of the most interesting sites of the museum, you can actually "immerse" on a jar which emphasizes the experience.
It’s better than I could have imagined. The collection is divers and of a very high quality. Big names of art displayed very well. I have no idea how I missed this museum last time I was in Israel. It also has a large out door area and a good shop and coffee shop.
Very large museum, has an open air part where main attraction is model of ancient Jerusalem with the second temple. Also great impression about Qumran scripts museum. Audio guide is a must.
So much to see...so many exhibitions, both indoor and outdoor, theres really something here for everyone -- including an exhibit especially for children! You can spend an entire day here and not see everything there is to see...my favorites are the Shrine of the Book where the Dead Sea scrolls are kept and the exhibit with the old synagogues that have been transplanted and reconstructed in the museum. Totally check those out!