Israel MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Derech Ruppin, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +972-26708811
- Ticket Price: 54 ILS
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Israel Museum - Review
The Israel Museum has some of the best artifacts and unique objects in not just the history of the country but of the world. The museum was established in 1965 and is one of the largest museums in Middle East!
- A Nail which is believed to be one of the nails used in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- Dead Sea scrolls (the oldest biblical manuscripts in the world).
The museum also has a Fine Art museum and an Art Garden and functions the other museum on their off-site location including the Rockefeller Museum and Ticho house.
Israel Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : NIS 54
- Students: NIS 39
- Children and teens (aged 5 to 17: Free on Tues and Saturday (except groups and workshops): NIS 27 per person
- Senior Citizen (Upon presentation of official Israeli Ezrach Vatik or International ID): NIS 27
- Disabled: NIS 27
- Soldier / National Service (Upon presentation of suitable ID): Free
- Repeat Visit (within 3 months): NIS 27
- Jerusalem Resident Cardholder: NIS 46
- Leumi 1+1 cardholders: Discount on tickets purchased in advance on the Leumi Card website
- Isracard customers get 50% discount
- Free audio guide for hearing impaired visitors included with all tickets
For other prices, visit the official website.
Israel Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Tuesday: 4.00 pm -8.00 pm
- Closed on Friday, Saturday, Holiday Eves, and Holidays
- The Museum's shop is open during regular Museum hours and also during the day on Tuesdays.
For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Israel Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: The Israel Museum / Ruppin
- Light Rail: at Pioneer
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Israel Museum
95% of people who visit Jerusalem include Israel Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
36.12% of people start their Israel Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Israel Museum
93.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Israel Museum
Israel Museum Map
Israel Museum Trips
Israel Museum, Jerusalem Reviews
This museum is the museum of museum! Modern but with the emphasis on history and antiquity. The scale rendering of Jerusalem gives the viewer an accurate idea as to the vastness of Jerusalem. The staff are so polite, helpful, and so very kind. I was a bit tired and thirsty and two readily volunteered to get me a chair to sit in and water to drink! I’d give this museum 10 stars if I could! I recommend this to everyone!
Holy treasure but horrible staffs. 사해사본은 볼만하지만, 한국에선 상상도 못할 직원들과 시스템. 5시 폐관이면 4시 45분 폐관방송이 나오고, 직원들은 퇴근에 정신이 팔려 우리에게 빨리 나가라 소리치고, 다른 관람실 못들어간다고 우리를 밀침. 우리가 앞에서 사진만 찍겠다고 했으나 카메라 렌즈를 손으로 막으며 우리를 밀쳐냄. I went to the Israel Museum with my wife last Sunday(22. Apr. 2018) I was looking around the gallery with my wife. Exactly at 16:45, there was announcement. The museum would be closed at 17:00. So I walked so fast to see the paintings that I didn't see. But one of your staff blocked in the middle of the hall, not allowing us to see anymore. When my wife started taking picture, he pushed my wife and block the camera lens on his hand. To solve this problem, we spent 5 minutes talking. I ran another room with my wife. One of the staff blocked in front us, too. He told me it was closed. It was not 17: 00. In my country, Korean no one can imagine this situation. But I tried to understand the old man who wanted to go home quickly after closing. So I said to him, " I don't want to go inside, I just take a picture in front of the entrance. But he shouted " No, It is close", touching to block the camera lens.(I think the old man stupid enough to know the price of the camera. I am not sure my camera lens works well, now.) To argue with him, we couldn't take pictures. Only picture, I wanted but I couldn't. How can you explain? Fifteen minutes was enough to finish my journey in Israel Museum. But two staffs ruined everything. They never apologized. I wrote email to the museum twice, but they did not answer me. Crazy and rude. I found the hand blocking me on my photo.
Plan for a lot of time here. It's huge and very interesting. There are some artifacts where they encourage you to touch, which is rare and very impressive when you consider the arrowhead you're touching is 20000 years old. We saw the chin exhibit, which is temporary, which explained well the different periods of coins used and found mostly from the Roman occupation. The dead Sea scrolls are on rotation so they don't get too exposed, so you might not see the same one of you go back.
Nice museum. Convenient parking. Clean bathrooms. Nice collection, particularly of Israeli archeology. Of particular interest are the Shrine of the Book (Dead Sea Scrolls) and model of Jerusalem in the time of the second Temple. Nice children's exhibition and library. Small restaurant on premises. Tours in various languages (as well as audio) are available.
Most amazing part of my trip to Israel after Hezekiah's Tunnel. The artifacts in the museum are unbelievable and to see the Dead Sea Scrolls is an honor. I loved this museum more than any other I have seen in my life.
All QuestionsIsrael museum
- Parrocchia San Antonio Martire
- Cyc Promotions Di Bedini Lorenzo
- Key-West Discoteca
- Parrocchia Della Annunciazione Della B.V.M.
- Parrocchia Di Quattro Castella
- Parrocchia Di Roncolo
- Parrocchia S Michele Arcangelo
- Parrocchia S. Michele
- Provincia Di Foggia Dei Frati Minori Cappuccini
- Parrocchia S. Giovanni Del Vaglio
- Suore Francescane Immacolatine