The Jerusalem Bird Observatory is a bird research center which keeps a track of the migrating birds in Israel and monitors their population.
However, if you are not into its research aspect- picture a beautiful landscape with green trees that are home to some of the most beautiful and rare species in the world.
- Bird watching which includes seeing Wrynecks, Collared flycatchers, Masked and Red-backed Shrikes, Thrush Nightingales, European Robins, Hawfinches, Short toed eagles and Bramblings.
- Night hikes
- Workshops of Photography and Sketching held on the grounds.
Jerusalem Bird Observatory Travel Tips
- Carry bottled water and if you love photography, carry a camera.
Jerusalem Bird Observatory Hours
- You can access the observatory on other days by appointment.
How to Reach Jerusalem Bird Observatory
- Bus: At Ben Zvi / Ruppin
- Light Rail: At Kiryat Moshe (1.2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.15% of people who visit Jerusalem include Jerusalem Bird Observatory in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
95% of people start their Jerusalem Bird Observatory visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jerusalem Bird Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jerusalem Bird Observatory