Montefiore WindmillCurrently Open
- Address: Yemen Moshe Quarter, Jerusalem, Israel Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Windmill
Sir Moses Montefiore visited Jerusalem 7 times during the 1800’s and wanted to build a place to avoid over-crowding of the old city. His plan was to construct this neighborhood with 24 apartments and a windmill (to start up a flour industry).
The plan did not take shape and the windmill today accommodates a museum dedicated to Sir Moses Montefiore.
The neighborhood is apt for a casual walk around the windmill and is a tranquil place set away from the hustle-bustle of the city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Montefiore Windmill
- Admission is Free.
Montefiore Windmill Hours
- Sunday to Thursday: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Friday: 9.00 am - 1.00 pm
How to Reach Montefiore Windmill
- By Bus: At David / nose
- By Light Rail: At City Hall (1.2 kilometres away)
- By Taxi.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Montefiore Windmill Address: Yemen Moshe Quarter, Jerusalem, Israel
- Montefiore Windmill Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Montefiore Windmill(preferred time): 09:30 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Montefiore Windmill: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.45% of people who visit Jerusalem include Montefiore Windmill in their plan
95% of people start their Montefiore Windmill visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Montefiore Windmill
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Montefiore Windmill
People normally club together The Friends Of Zion Museum and Avshalom Cave while planning their visit to Montefiore Windmill.