Mosque Of Omar3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ha Notsrim Street, Old City, Jerusalem, Israel. Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Often confused with the Dome of the Rock on the temple mount, the Mosque of Omar was built in the 12th century by Sultan Al-Afdal ibn Salah ad-Din in 1193 to mark the event when Caliph Omar Ibn al-Khattab came to the city to accept the surrender of Patriarch Sophronius.
The Patriarch invited Omar to pray in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre but he preferred to pray in the courtyard to respect the sentiments of the church.
- The 49 feet high Minaret of the Mosque.
Mosque Of Omar Travel Tips
- Wear appropriate clothes.
Mosque Of Omar Hours
- Recommended time to visit: 9.00 am–4.00 pm
How to Reach Mosque Of Omar
- By Bus: At Kishla/Armenian Patriarchate
- By Light Rail: At City Hall
- By Taxi.
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Mosque Of Omar Address: Ha Notsrim Street, Old City, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Time required to visit Mosque Of Omar: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!