The Temple InstituteCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Misgav Ledach 40, Jerusalem, 97500, Israel
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +972-026264545
- Ticket Price: 35 ISK
- Time Required: 00:50 Mins
- Tags: Temple, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The Temple Institute's Holy Temple Visitors Center showcases the model of the Holy Temple complex, garments used by the High Priests, Paintings which depict the services of the temple and explains its rich history and role in the society.
What sets the museum apart from all the museum in Jerusalem is its innovative, technology-based presentations and Audio-visual exhibits.
After seeing history take form in the exhibits, visit the gift shop to buy souvenirs.
- Adult / Child: ISK 35
- Children up to 3 years, no admission fee
- Disabled: ISK 30
- Groups numbering 15 people or more: ISK 30 per individual
- Groups numbering 15 people or more, that reserve with the office at least 1 day in advance: ISK 25 per individual
- A tour with a guide is an additional ISK 200 and must be reserved in advance and pre-paid.
- It is advisable to arrive at least 1 hour before closing time.
- Individuals and groups of up to 20 people do not require advance bookings
- During visiting hours, personal audio headsets with English-language explanation are provided for self-guided tours without prior reservation.
- It is advisable to check with the office one day prior to your visit just to make sure that there are no large groups scheduled at the time that you plan to arrive.
- Bus: atWestern Wall
- Light Rail: at City Hall
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.49% of people who visit Jerusalem include The Temple Institute in their plan
25% of people start their The Temple Institute visit around 10 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Temple Institute
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Temple Institute
Had a really great visit with the family. The investment made in the paintings and the different items was impressive. Not sure why they don't allow taking photos.
I love this place because u actually feel like your in The Holy Temple
If you're going to visit is better take the tour in English. I took in Spanish and was a Mistake. Firstable in the second room changed the language, then doesn't work the lights and finally the video was interrupted. Because of this I give them 3 stars. The rest is ok. A place to visit.
Automated impersonal tour that drags on a bit talking about paitings depicting 3rd Temple artefacts. Been there twice with visitors who specifically wanted to go but both times they were also a bit underwhelmed (we live in Jerusalem). Western Wall tunnels and Hezekiah's tunnel in the City of David is time better spent in Jerusalem especially for children.
Very good concept but mediocre execution. Poor central audio-visual, no live guidance . Crowded. No wheelchairs.