Western Wall1954 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Old City, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +972-26271333
- Ticket Price: 20 ILS
- Time Required: 02:50 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
The Western Wall was built in 20 BC by King Herod and occupies a part to the west of the Temple Mount. The Western Wall is also called as ‘The Wailing Wall’ since for centuries, Jews have gathered here to grieve over the loss of their Temple.
The wall has seen its fair share of troubles and has been a witness to the destruction caused by the Romans in 70 AD. During the 16th century under the Ottoman rule, the wall became a place of worship for the Jewish people and even today, you can see hundreds of people come here to offer their prayers, write notes and place them in the wall.
Many celebrities and important personalities have also visited the wall to offer their prayers and experience an inseparable part of Jerusalem’s history.
Entrance Ticket Details For Western Wall
- Admission Fee: NIS 20 per person
- Ticket prices vary as per your choice of Tour which can range in duration from 1.5 hours to 6 hours. For precise ticket prices, visit the official website.
Western Wall Hours
- General timings: The Western wall is open 24/7 and can be visited anytime of the day.
- Call Centre: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation’s call center for booking tours to the Kotel sites and around Jerusalem is open from Sunday to Thursday: from 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Behind the Scenes Tour:
- Sunday- Thursday: from 7.00 am until late at night
- Friday - 7:00 am to 12.00 pm (during Daylight Savings open until 1.00 pm)
- Saturday Evening: Based on reservation
How to Reach Western Wall
- Bus: At the Western wall bus station
- Light Rail: Damascus Gate
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
80.35% of people who visit Jerusalem include Western Wall in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.41% of people start their Western Wall visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Western Wall
53.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Western Wall