Western WallCurrently Open
- Address: Old City, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +972-26271333
- Ticket Price: 20 ILS
- Time Required: 02:50 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
Western Wall - Review
The Western Wall was built in 20 BC by King Herod and occupies a part to the west of the Temple Mount. The Western Wall is also called as ‘The Wailing Wall’ since for centuries, Jews have gathered here to grieve over the loss of their Temple.
The wall has seen its fair share of troubles and has been a witness to the destruction caused by the Romans in 70 AD. During the 16th century under the Ottoman rule, the wall became a place of worship for the Jewish people and even today, you can see hundreds of people come here to offer their prayers, write notes and place them in the wall.
Many celebrities and important personalities have also visited the wall to offer their prayers and experience an inseparable part of Jerusalem’s history.
Western Wall Ticket Prices
- Admission Fee: NIS 20 per person
- Ticket prices vary as per your choice of Tour which can range in duration from 1.5 hours to 6 hours. For precise ticket prices, visit the official website.
Western Wall Opening and Closing Hours
- General timings: The Western wall is open 24/7 and can be visited anytime of the day.
- Call Centre: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation’s call center for booking tours to the Kotel sites and around Jerusalem is open from Sunday to Thursday: from 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Behind the Scenes Tour:
- Sunday- Thursday: from 7.00 am until late at night
- Friday - 7:00 am to 12.00 pm (during Daylight Savings open until 1.00 pm)
- Saturday Evening: Based on reservation
How To reach Western Wall by Public Transport
- Bus: At the Western wall bus station
- Light Rail: Damascus Gate
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Western Wall
95% of people who visit Jerusalem include Western Wall in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
44.02% of people start their Western Wall visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Western Wall
53.95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Western Wall
Western Wall Map
Western Wall Trips
Western Wall, Jerusalem Reviews
The Western Wall is one of the true must-see attractions in the Old City of Jerusalem. This is the surviving section of the Second Temple, making this one of the most holy sites for Jewish people in the world. The Western Wall can be visited or seen from other locations in the Jewish Quarter. There is a nice rooftop viewing areas a couple hundred metres back from the wall. This is a nice place to take photos during the day and after dark when the wall is lit with floodlights. You can also enter the secure area as well and visit the Wall directly. Here you will find numerous Jewish worshipers, pilgrims and other visitors wanting close and personal experience with this ancient structure. Note: Men enter from the left side while women enter from the right side. This is a strictly enforced rule for visiting the Western Wall. There is a large area in front of the Wall where you can meet with your party if you needed to separate to visit the Wall up close. Note: One of the neat things to see at the Western Wall are the thousands of small notes stuffed into the cracks of the wall. These are written prayers left by visitors over the years.
I loved visiting this location. You could feel how holy it was and how much of an important site it is. You can bring a little note pad and go up to the wall, pray and stick your prayer into the wall. I would highly recommend this to everyone. It’s a once and a life time experience!
Whether you call it the Western Wall or the Kotel, it's a must see when you're in The Old City! Being Jewish, my jaw dropped the first time I saw the Western Wall with my own eyes. I been to Israel twice and visited the Western Wall multiple times on both trips. I'm fascinated with the history and the power you feel when you are near it. When looking at the wall, there's a building to the left where you can take an underground tour of the Western Wall that brings you closer to where the ark supposedly was. It's an interesting tour that I strongly recommend, whether you're Jewish or not.
The Western Wall is quite the experience. Despite thousands of tourists passing through here, it's still an ancient Jewish site of prayer. That means the majority of people here are here to pray so be respectful of that. Once you enter, there's a blocked off section for tourists to watch the prayer happen. Men and women are separated with men on the left and women on the right. Men must wear a Jewish hat provided to you. You're welcome to pray at the wall, but walk slowly as thousands gather to pray, dance, and sing. Be respectful. DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS. Even if you think you're being sneaky, someone out of no where will yell at you. Also, beware of birds flying over you. I got pooped on twice in a span of twenty minutes. The entire experience can be overwhelming so be prepared for your senses to go haywire.
The Western wall. A very sacred place for Jews. The wall is visited by many, one side men and other side women. This wall is considered with lots of historic happenings. There are tunnels and other buildings around that can be visited by paying for the tickets. Behind the wall you can't miss the big domes.
All QuestionsWestern wall
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal