Western WallCurrently Open
- Address: Old City, Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +972-26271333
- Ticket Price: 20 ILS
- Time Required: 02:50 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
The Western Wall was built in 20 BC by King Herod and occupies a part to the west of the Temple Mount. The Western Wall is also called as ‘The Wailing Wall’ since for centuries, Jews have gathered here to grieve over the loss of their Temple.
The wall has seen its fair share of troubles and has been a witness to the destruction caused by the Romans in 70 AD. During the 16th century under the Ottoman rule, the wall became a place of worship for the Jewish people and even today, you can see hundreds of people come here to offer their prayers, write notes and place them in the wall.
Many celebrities and important personalities have also visited the wall to offer their prayers and experience an inseparable part of Jerusalem’s history.
- Admission Fee: NIS 20 per person
- Ticket prices vary as per your choice of Tour which can range in duration from 1.5 hours to 6 hours. For precise ticket prices, visit the official website.
- General timings: The Western wall is open 24/7 and can be visited anytime of the day.
- Call Centre: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation’s call center for booking tours to the Kotel sites and around Jerusalem is open from Sunday to Thursday: from 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Behind the Scenes Tour:
- Sunday- Thursday: from 7.00 am until late at night
- Friday - 7:00 am to 12.00 pm (during Daylight Savings open until 1.00 pm)
- Saturday Evening: Based on reservation
- Bus: At the Western wall bus station
- Light Rail: Damascus Gate
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.83% of people who visit Jerusalem include Western Wall in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.41% of people start their Western Wall visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Western Wall
53.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Western Wall
A little bit strange, because of people praying next to it but the most beautiful thing was that you could put a piece of paper with a wish inside the wall so that this wish could come true...i tried myself,you should try it too ;-)
This is one of the places that you see in movies but don't think you will meet in person some day. The place itself is very sacred for Christians and the atmosphere around the place reflects for what people going there. Worth the visit because of the millenarian history.
join the western wall tunnel tour, will help understand the history of this holy place a lot more in an interesting and interactive way. book online in advance to visit the western wall, better go in the night time for less tourists
The Western Wall tunnels tour was amazing! Our tour guide was fantastic (named Leah). She explained the history incredibly well and I enjoyed the whole thing. I would definitely recommend the tour!
No chairs to sit in, it was like 107 degrees with no AC. Wish I could rate it 0 stars.