Western Wall, Jerusalem
About Western Wall, Jerusalem
Western Wall, Jerusalem - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Old City, Jerusalem, Israel
Ticket Price: 20 ILS
Time Required: 02:50 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Western Wall was built in 20 BC by King Herod and occupies a part to the west of the Temple Mount. The Western Wall is also called as ‘The Wailing Wall’ since for centuries, Jews have gathered here to grieve over the loss of their Temple.
The wall has seen its fair share of troubles and has been a witness to the destruction caused by the Romans in 70 AD. During the 16th century under the Ottoman rule, the wall became a place of worship for the Jewish people and even today, you can see hundreds of people come here to offer their prayers, write notes and place them in the wall.
Many celebrities and important personalities have also visited the wall to offer their prayers and experience an inseparable part of Jerusalem’s history.
Western Wall Ticket Prices
- Admission Fee: NIS 20 per person
- Ticket prices vary as per your choice of Tour which can range in duration from 1.5 hours to 6 hours. For precise ticket prices, visit the official website.
Western Wall Opening and Closing Hours
- General timings: The Western wall is open 24/7 and can be visited anytime of the day.
- Call Centre: The Western Wall Heritage Foundation’s call center for booking tours to the Kotel sites and around Jerusalem is open from Sunday to Thursday: from 8.30 am to 7.00 pm
Behind the Scenes Tour:
- Sunday- Thursday: from 7.00 am until late at night
- Friday - 7:00 am to 12.00 pm (during Daylight Savings open until 1.00 pm)
- Saturday Evening: Based on reservation
How To reach Western Wall by Public Transport
- Bus: At the Western wall bus station
- Light Rail: Damascus Gate
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Western Wall, Jerusalem Reviews - Write a Review
Nice to have been here. One of the important places in Israel. The Jews holiest place. I am proud of you guys. May God bless you all with all good things in life.
This is one of my main inspiration places in the world. I've not been there for a while and I miss it a lot. I'm not a religious person and I don't like the sound of systemized religion but that place always gives a few quiet moments that are followed by the feeling that all is really one.
Visited the Western Wall in 2015. An amazing experience. Steeped in so much history and sacred place for Jews. Pleasure to stand here and watch worshiping . Shalom
A place to visit and understand. Complex situation as so many history myths legends whatever-you-call-it are the one on top each other. Follow the rules and respect the place, enjoy the traditions the cults...
A very interesting place and a very different place. It feels like something historical and spiritual after a visit here.
- Nearby Attractions
- Dung Gate
- Lifeline For The Old
- Burnt House
- Hebrew University Givat Ram Campus
- Monastery Of The Cross
- Great Synagogue
- Cathedral Of St. James
- Church Conviction
- Museum On The Seam
- The Davidson Center
- Jerusalem Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jerusalem