Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
About Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
Yad Vashem, Jerusalem - Address, Phone Number
Address: Jerusalem, Israel
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Memorial, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Second World War took a toll on the whole world and Israel was no exception. The atrocities against the Jews by the Germans are shown at the Yad Vashem - Holocaust Memorial which in its own way, is a reminder of the times when humanity was lost.
See the photos of the victims and see art combined with history to depict the heartbreaking moments during the Second World War
- Personal belonging, artefacts of the victims and testimonials of those who survived the Holocaust.
The place also has a Visitor Center, Art Museum and a Synagogue in the premises.
Yad Vashem Information
- Other Contact No. + 972-26443600
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers are not permitted to enter either.
Yad Vashem Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for the museum as well as other sites.
Yad Vashem Opening and Closing Hours
- The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 8.00 pm.
- All other sites close at 5.00 pm.
Archives and Library Services:
- Sunday-Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm (Books and documents can be ordered until 3:00 pm).
- Groups of 6 or more people are required to schedule their visit in advance.
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is permitted until one hour before closing.
- Timings of temporary exhibition vary. Visit the official website for more information.
How To reach Yad Vashem by Public Transport
- Bus: At Yad Vashem
- Light Rail: Mount Herzel (2.8 kilometers)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Yad Vashem, Jerusalem Reviews - Write a Review
Be prepared to stay here for 4 hours. Make sure you come early and use guided tour. You have a free shuttle from the station and the visit to the museum is free. You will leave with a heavy heart and many questions, but it is a good start for those who want to know the history build from here.
Heavy place. Great place to learn history. Opens a few new questions. Generally easy to get to via taxi or public transportation. Admissions is free, but a map is 12 shekels and the guided tours are fee base. Sell guided tours are easy, too, but you'll probably get a lot of history-gap-filling with the guided tours.
Such an amazing place! Very detailed, every element in the museum is dead on - and the tour guides are very good at what they do! One thing though. If you are planning on spending a long period of time there, take into consideration that the food is very expensive- and it is really bad- such a shame!
Fantastic world class museum. Don't miss the valley of communities and the children's memorial.
Excellent museum. Entered with great expectation, left with a heavy heart.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hutzot Hayotzer Artist Colony
- Mamilla Cemetery And Mamilla Pool Reservoir
- Karaite Synagogue
- Mosque Of Omar
- The Painters Bench
- Bloomfield Science Museum
- National Hotel Jerusalem
- Blaze Bar
- Mike’s Place , Tel-aviv
- Jerusalem Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 48 Hours in Jerusalem
- What to See in 72 Hours in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 5 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 6 Days in Jerusalem
- How to Spend 7 Days in Jerusalem