Yad VashemCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +962-26443802
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids
Yad Vashem - Review
The Second World War took a toll on the whole world and Israel was no exception. The atrocities against the Jews by the Germans are shown at the Yad Vashem - Holocaust Memorial which in its own way, is a reminder of the times when humanity was lost.
See the photos of the victims and see art combined with history to depict the heartbreaking moments during the Second World War
- Personal belonging, artefacts of the victims and testimonials of those who survived the Holocaust.
The place also has a Visitor Center, Art Museum and a Synagogue in the premises.
Yad Vashem Information
- Other Contact No. + 972-26443600
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers are not permitted to enter either.
Yad Vashem Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for the museum as well as other sites.
Yad Vashem Hours
- The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 8.00 pm.
- All other sites close at 5.00 pm.
Archives and Library Services:
- Sunday-Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm (Books and documents can be ordered until 3:00 pm).
- Groups of 6 or more people are required to schedule their visit in advance.
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is permitted until one hour before closing.
- Timings of temporary exhibition vary. Visit the official website for more information.
How To reach Yad Vashem by Public Transport
- Bus: At Yad Vashem
- Light Rail: Mount Herzel (2.8 kilometers)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Yad Vashem
37.3% of people who visit Jerusalem include Yad Vashem in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.41% of people start their Yad Vashem visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Yad Vashem
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yad Vashem
Yad Vashem Trips
Yad Vashem, Jerusalem Reviews
A unique, remarkable, vast museum with so many personal and interesting stories and explanations. We spent 3 hours and just couldn't take any more in. Worth several visits. Take a sweater, it is icy cold inside. An easy 5 minute walk from the end of the Light Rail line.
Место несёт свою атмосферу и даже после 4-но посещения остаётся недосказанность проблемы Шоа. Тут работают потрясающе отзывчивые люди. Встреча с пережившими катастрофу не оставляет никого равнодушным. Горячо рекомендую добавить в список посещения всех гостей Израиля. Вход бесплатный
The building is stunning, it's pure art. And the park near it has a great landscape and pine smell. As for the exhibition, you simply have to see it for yourself.
Since I was recovering from too much walking the previous day, I only went into the entrance and gift shop. Hopefully I can return one day and really see everything. The gift shop is huge and has a wide variety of items in addition to books and t-shirts on the Holocaust. You can probably purchase all of your gifts there. And, of course, the U.S. dollar goes far there. If you purchase a large amount, ask for the VAT form for non-Israeli citizens. That way you can get the extra tax back when you leave the country. Although I purchased a wide variety if items as gifts and for myself, this book pictured may be my favorite. I highly recommend it.
One of the best museums in Jerusalem, full of information and a big part of the narrative of the Jewish people. To be honest, I thought I saw and learned all that is there to know about the Holocaust, but still.. walking in the exhibitions made me shed a tier. take the morning to learn, the entrance is free of charge and you would only pay for the audio guide. definitely worth a visit!