Yad Vashem, JerusalemCurrently Open
- Address: Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +962-26443802
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids
About Yad Vashem, Jerusalem
The Second World War took a toll on the whole world and Israel was no exception. The atrocities against the Jews by the Germans are shown at the Yad Vashem - Holocaust Memorial which in its own way, is a reminder of the times when humanity was lost.
See the photos of the victims and see art combined with history to depict the heartbreaking moments during the Second World War
- Personal belonging, artefacts of the victims and testimonials of those who survived the Holocaust.
The place also has a Visitor Center, Art Museum and a Synagogue in the premises.
Yad Vashem Information
- Other Contact No. + 972-26443600
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers are not permitted to enter either.
Yad Vashem Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for the museum as well as other sites.
Yad Vashem Opening and Closing Hours
- The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 8.00 pm.
- All other sites close at 5.00 pm.
Archives and Library Services:
- Sunday-Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm (Books and documents can be ordered until 3:00 pm).
- Groups of 6 or more people are required to schedule their visit in advance.
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is permitted until one hour before closing.
- Timings of temporary exhibition vary. Visit the official website for more information.
How To reach Yad Vashem by Public Transport
- Bus: At Yad Vashem
- Light Rail: Mount Herzel (2.8 kilometers)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Yad Vashem Sightseeing Tours
Yad Vashem Culture & Theme Based Tours
Yad Vashem Tickets & Passes
Yad Vashem, Jerusalem Reviews
Heavy place. Great place to learn history. Opens a few new questions. Generally easy to get to via taxi or public transportation. Admissions is free, but a map is 12 shekels and the guided tours are fee base. Sell guided tours are easy, too, but you'll probably get a lot of history-gap-filling with the guided tours.
This is a must. The museum is very well done. Beware that it's a very hard-hitting place to visit (as most people expect), but the museum does a great job explaining the history and devastation caused from the Holocaust.
The site includes the heart-wrenching and unforgettable memorial, along with other important smaller memorials. Do yourself a favour - set aside 2-4 hours to really let the significance of it all set in, AND turn the damn phone off for the whole time. Despite all the sadness, remember that there is always hope - it depends on the choices we make.
The content of the museum was great. However, there is one big downside to the format of the museum. If you need the bathroom you cannot go backwards to a bathroom due to security not letting you go backwards at all in the museum.
Be prepared to stay here for 4 hours. Make sure you come early and use guided tour. You have a free shuttle from the station and the visit to the museum is free. You will leave with a heavy heart and many questions, but it is a good start for those who want to know the history build from here.