Yad VashemCurrently Closed
- Address: Jerusalem, Israel
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +962-26443802
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Family And Kids
The Second World War took a toll on the whole world and Israel was no exception. The atrocities against the Jews by the Germans are shown at the Yad Vashem - Holocaust Memorial which in its own way, is a reminder of the times when humanity was lost.
See the photos of the victims and see art combined with history to depict the heartbreaking moments during the Second World War
- Personal belonging, artefacts of the victims and testimonials of those who survived the Holocaust.
The place also has a Visitor Center, Art Museum and a Synagogue in the premises.
- Other Contact No. + 972-26443600
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers are not permitted to enter either.
- Admission is free for the museum as well as other sites.
- The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 8.00 pm.
- All other sites close at 5.00 pm.
Archives and Library Services:
- Sunday-Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm (Books and documents can be ordered until 3:00 pm).
- Groups of 6 or more people are required to schedule their visit in advance.
- Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is permitted until one hour before closing.
- Timings of temporary exhibition vary. Visit the official website for more information.
- Bus: At Yad Vashem
- Light Rail: Mount Herzel (2.8 kilometers)
- By Taxi
- Rent a Bike
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Jerusalem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jerusalem and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.42% of people who visit Jerusalem include Yad Vashem in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.41% of people start their Yad Vashem visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Yad Vashem
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yad Vashem
The best Holocaust museum I have been to. So powerful. Every part is very well done. You can also do research there and they have an excellent educational department and bookstore. Must visit when in Israel.
An incurably powerful holocaust museum. The museum houses some remarkable exhibits. Our group had an excellent tour guide who spoke great English. I highly recommend visiting just give yourself a lot of time to take everything in.
Beautiful museum with expert guides. The exposition and every tiny bit of the building is contributing to the story. Memorial to the children, who died in the Holocaust is definitely worth visiting as well. Gorgeous view of Jerusalem. Definitely touched me.
Recommend to visit there and see what's happened at that time. Taking a photo inside is forbidden and I rented audio guide in English but just reading explanation on every section is more helpful and convenient.
Must be visited. Very well made. Takes an hour at the very least to see properly.