Visit Jiuzhaigou - Best of Jiuzhaigou
Part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan plateau, Jiuzhaigou is a nature’s bounty spread over 72,000 hectares. Bestowed with multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks, this nature reserve and national park is a UNESCO world heritage site and a top-rated tourist attraction in China.
Jiuzhaigou literally means ‘Nine village Valley’ which comes from the petite nine Tibetan villages encircling the area. Inhabited by Tibetan and Qing community for centuries, Jiuzhaigou displays the incorporation on nature into the simplistic lifestyle of the community.
Covering an area of 600 square kilometres, Shuzheng Valley, Rize Valley and Zechawa Valley are the three main valleys of the area and numerous other attractions are located within the valleys. In addition to the dreamlike sceneries; there are numerous flora and fauna in the scenic area. There are 170 species of vertebrates, 141 species of birds and 17 species of rare animals like giant pandas, takins and golden monkeys, pandas, marmots and blue sheep. There are also 24 species of national protected plants and 212 species of algae. Visit Jiuzhaigou- a beautiful paradise and get lost in this majestic bounty of nature!
Jiuzhaigou Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Jiuzhaigou tips for your visit
- Book well in advance, especially if visiting during the Chinese holiday season (Labour Day: May 1–3, National Day: October 1–7), in summer vacations (July and August).
- Pack warm clothes, rainy-wear and comfortable shoes.
- Carry altitude sickness medicines.
- Always pack your lunch and carry water when visiting the park, since these items are expensive inside the park.
- Carry your student ID card and passport and check for discounts.
- Start early, you get more time exploring the park, you can save on the 2nd day ticket and you also beat the crowds.
Are you looking for a Jiuzhaigou travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Jiuzhaigou Tourist Information
403 Views3 Days 2 NightsThree Days of Sightseen with Family and kids in Jiuzhaigou