Jaswant Thada2628 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Lawaran, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342001, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7568130770
- Ticket Price: 30 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Memorial
This Milky-white marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II, sitting above a small lake 1km northeast of Mehrangarh, is an array of whimsical domes. It’s a welcome, peaceful spot after the hubbub of the city, and the views across to the fort and over the city are superb. Built in 1899, the cenotaph has some beautiful jalis (carved marble lattice screens) and is hung with portraits of the Rathore rulers going back to the 13th century. Look out for the memorial to a peacock that flew into a funeral pyre. Jaswant Thada is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you Rajasthan Itinerary 2 Weeks
Jaswant Thada Travel Tips
- The camera has separate charges.
- The tour to fort in summer should be scheduled in the morning and in the evening for winters.
- The Sadar market is a nearby local market, reflecting the colors and hustle-bustle of the town and stop here for souvenirs.
- Guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jaswant Thada
- Given are ticket prices for international guests.
- International Guests: 30 INR
- Domestic Guests: 15 INR
- Still Camera Fee: 25 INR
- Video Camera Fee: 50 INR
- Guided tours are available and prices vary depending on number of people. Check official website before planning a visit.
How to Reach Jaswant Thada
By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
- White house Jodhpur restaurant
- Kitchen and curry
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jodhpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jodhpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.95% of people who visit Jodhpur include Jaswant Thada in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.9% of people start their Jaswant Thada visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jaswant Thada
60% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jaswant Thada