Meherangarh Fort3098 Votes Currently Open
- Address: P.B No 165, The Fort, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006, India Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-2912548790
- Ticket Price: 600 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Fort
The charm of the Indian culture and vigor of the Rajput warriors is collectively reflected in this magnificent fort, one of the best in India. Standing tall and proud on a rocky hill in Jodhpur’s skyline, this fort is still run by the royal family of Jodhpur. A pocket-full-of history, legends and myths, this fort will enchant you in every way.
The northeast gate Jaipol is the prime entrance. The Dodh Kangra Pol was an external gate built in the 16th century. The worth visiting attractions inside the fort are Chokelao bagh which is a restored Rajput garden, the fatehpol or the victory gate, the Imritia pol and the Loha pol, the Chamunda devi temple and the Surajpol gate.
Remarkable point to visit is the wall inside the gates Imritia pol and Loha pol which bear the hand imprints of royal widows who threw themselves in maharaja’s funeral pyres. The bravery and the melancholy will hit your soul as you visit the place.
Also noteworthy is the museum, which is a superb example of Rajput architecture. The beautiful network of stone-latticed courtyards and halls which originally served as the fort palace are finely carved in sandstone. The collection includes royal trappings of the rulers, elephant howdahs and Jodhpur’s royal palanquin collection, textiles, paintings, manuscripts, headgear and the curved sword of the Mughal emperor Akbar, plus some wonderful ephemera, such as ladies’ ivory-inlaid dumb-bells. The other gallery is the armory, whose daggers, armor, rifles, spears, swords and axes are all works of art. The gallery dedicated to traditional miniature art is also worth observing.
The Takht villas or the bed chamber of Maharaja Takhat Singh, the zenana or women’s quarters, the Moti Mahal is an alluring treat to the eyes. Meherangarh fort - Rajasthan tourist attraction added in the Rajasthan Itinerary 2 Weeks. Must visit this amazing attraction.
Meherangarh Fort Travel Tips
- Audio guides are enormously informative and entertaining.
- Elevator and camera has separate charges.
Entrance Ticket Details For Meherangarh Fort
- Given are ticket prices for International guests.
- International Guests (Includes the Audio Guide): 600 INR
- International Guests (Students and Senior Citizens): 500 INR
- Domestic Guests: 70 INR
- Domestic guests (Students and Senior Citizens): 40 INR
- Video Camera fee: 200 INR
- Still Camera fee: 100 INR
- Elevator charges: 40 INR
- Audio Guide for Domestic Guests: 150 INR
- Audio Guide for Senior Citizen & Students: 100 INR
- Guided tour costs vary according to number of people. Please refer official website for details.
- Free entry on Jodhpur Foundation Day.
How to Reach Meherangarh Fort
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
- kitchen and curry
- Cafe Sheesh mahal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Jodhpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Jodhpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Meherangarh Fort Address: P.B No 165, The Fort, Jodhpur, Rajasthan 342006, India
- Meherangarh Fort Contact Number: +91-2912548790
- Meherangarh Fort Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Meherangarh Fort Price: 600 INR
- Best time to visit Meherangarh Fort(preferred time): 09:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Meherangarh Fort: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
82.64% of people who visit Jodhpur include Meherangarh Fort in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
61.26% of people start their Meherangarh Fort visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Meherangarh Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Meherangarh Fort
People normally club together Chamunda Mata Temple and Clock Tower while planning their visit to Meherangarh Fort.
People also prefer to start their day with Meherangarh Fort.