Johannesburg Zoo3035 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jan Smuts Avenue, Johannesburg, 2122, South Africa Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 58 ZAR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
The Johannesburg Zoo is a marvellous zoo and wildlife preserve, especially for endagered species. It’s governed by the Education Department of the zoo. The exclusive features of the zoo owe to the care and splendour featured through the housing and nursing of the animals, along with intensive veterinary facilities and the husbandry and enhancement of the animals.
The collective count of the wildlife amounts to 2000 animals, and 320 different species. The main attractions of the Johannesburg Zoo are its protected enclosures featuring the almost extinct white lions, and the extremely endangered White Oryx. The animals have been bred with considerable success rates, thus providing assistance to the formerly lone habitats of the endangered animals. A gorilla named Max used to be a major amusement of the zoo, although the growing family of the Siberian Tigers and the male tiger “Twist” are also a pride of the Johannesburg Zoo.
Johannesburg Zoo Travel Tips
- The zoo was one of the very few heritages of South Africa which couldn’t be segregated during the reign of the Apartheid, owing to the clauses laid down in the Deed of Gift.
Entrance Ticket Details For Johannesburg Zoo
- Adults ZAR 58; Children ZAR 36; Pensioners ZAR 36; Annual passes and group rates apply.
- Day tour: R85 (groups of 15 to 20); R75 (groups of 21 to 34); R65 (groups of 35 plus).
- Day tour for school group: R50.
- Evening tour: R95 (groups of 15 to 20); R85 (groups of 21 to 34); R75 (groups of 35 plus); Senior citizen tour: R45.
- Parking charges for Car R10 and Bus R20.
How to Reach Johannesburg Zoo
- Forest Town
- Polo Lounge
- The Conservatory
- La Cucina de Ciro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Johannesburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Johannesburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Johannesburg Zoo Address: Jan Smuts Avenue, Johannesburg, 2122, South Africa
- Johannesburg Zoo Timing: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Johannesburg Zoo Price: 58 ZAR
- Best time to visit Johannesburg Zoo(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Johannesburg Zoo: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
61.66% of people who visit Johannesburg include Johannesburg Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60.2% of people start their Johannesburg Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Johannesburg Zoo
94.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Johannesburg Zoo
People normally club together Carlton Centre Observation Deck and The Market Theatre while planning their visit to Johannesburg Zoo.
Johannesburg Zoo Reviews & Ratings
How do purchase tickets for 2 kids and 2 adults?Answer Report Abuse
how do I book for Zoo ticker onlineAnswer Report Abuse
How do I purchase the ticketAnswer Report Abuse
DO YOU GUYS OPEN ON EASTER HOLIDAY?Answer Report Abuse
Mrng, I'm staying in jourbug CBD ,how can I get to Johannesburg zooAnswer Report Abuse
The cheapest way to get from Johannesburg Park Station to Johannesburg Zoo is to take taxi which costs R 85 - R 110 and takes 5 mins.Report Abuse
How much are your golf carts to rent? can we bring our own picnic basket?Answer Report Abuse
I want to book a ticket can I buy it at the gateAnswer Report Abuse
How much is the ticket fee for a student with a student card?Answer Report Abuse
We are on level 1 are things back to normal@the zoo any changes to prices in detail please thanksAnswer Report Abuse
can I buy ticket at the gateAnswer Report Abuse