Johannesburg Zoo3035 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jan Smuts Avenue, Johannesburg, 2122, South Africa
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 58 ZAR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
The Johannesburg Zoo is a marvellous zoo and wildlife preserve, especially for endagered species. It’s governed by the Education Department of the zoo. The exclusive features of the zoo owe to the care and splendour featured through the housing and nursing of the animals, along with intensive veterinary facilities and the husbandry and enhancement of the animals.
The collective count of the wildlife amounts to 2000 animals, and 320 different species. The main attractions of the Johannesburg Zoo are its protected enclosures featuring the almost extinct white lions, and the extremely endangered White Oryx. The animals have been bred with considerable success rates, thus providing assistance to the formerly lone habitats of the endangered animals. A gorilla named Max used to be a major amusement of the zoo, although the growing family of the Siberian Tigers and the male tiger “Twist” are also a pride of the Johannesburg Zoo.
Johannesburg Zoo Travel Tips
- The zoo was one of the very few heritages of South Africa which couldn’t be segregated during the reign of the Apartheid, owing to the clauses laid down in the Deed of Gift.
Entrance Ticket Details For Johannesburg Zoo
- Adults ZAR 58; Children ZAR 36; Pensioners ZAR 36; Annual passes and group rates apply.
- Day tour: R85 (groups of 15 to 20); R75 (groups of 21 to 34); R65 (groups of 35 plus).
- Day tour for school group: R50.
- Evening tour: R95 (groups of 15 to 20); R85 (groups of 21 to 34); R75 (groups of 35 plus); Senior citizen tour: R45.
- Parking charges for Car R10 and Bus R20.
How to Reach Johannesburg Zoo
- Forest Town
- Polo Lounge
- The Conservatory
- La Cucina de Ciro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Johannesburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Johannesburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.23% of people who visit Johannesburg include Johannesburg Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60.2% of people start their Johannesburg Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Johannesburg Zoo
94.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Johannesburg Zoo
Johannesburg Zoo Reviews & Ratings
are we allowed to bring braai stand and where do i buy the ticktes?Answer Report Abuse
You can bring a gas braai, but no fire/charcoal braais are allowed at the Johannesburg Zoo. You can buy the tickets at the gates of the zoo.Report Abuse