Nelson Mandela National Museum, JohannesburgCurrently Closed
- Address: 8115 Orlando West, Soweto 1804, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +27-119367754
- Ticket Price: 40 ZAR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
About Nelson Mandela National Museum, Johannesburg
The Nelson Mandela National Museum is the original residence of Nelson Mandela- the famous President of South Africa, which had been renovated and partly modified to allow for public exhibitions.
The red brick house is structurally a single story house. The exterior bears numerous bullet holes and shredded walls from the bombardments during the historic freedom movement of South Africa. Among the interior specialities, the house bears traditionally furnished walls and articles which have several photographs and mementoes of the historical achievements of the nation and Nelson Mandela. Among the most celebrated collections, many national artefacts and especially the famous World Championship Belt which was gifted to Nelson Mandela by the renowned American boxer Sugar Ray Leonard are the prime attractions of the Museum.
Nelson Mandela National Museum Information
- A center for the assistance of visitors and special informative sections has been newly added to the museum. The South African Government has honoured the building with the status of a Site of National Heritage.
Nelson Mandela National Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults (African Union) R 40.00 pp; Adults (International) R 60.00 pp; Pensioners (African Union) R 20.00 pp; Children over 6 years R 20.00 pp; Students (Subject to proof of a valid student card) R 20.00 pp; School Groups (Learners and Educators) and Children under 6 years R 5.00 pp.
- Residents of Greater Soweto are entitled to half-price admission on presentation of a valid proof of residence, such as a current utilities account.
How To reach Nelson Mandela National Museum by Public Transport
- Orlando West
Restaurants Near Nelson Mandela National Museum
- Moshate Grill
- KFC-Maponya Mall
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Johannesburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Johannesburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nelson Mandela National Museum
59.76% of people who visit Johannesburg include Nelson Mandela National Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
64.51% of people plan their visit to Nelson Mandela National Museum between 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nelson Mandela National Museum
60.54% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nelson Mandela National Museum