Satyagraha HouseCurrently Open
- Address: 15 Pine Road, Johannesburg 2192, South Africa
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +27-826735671
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Satyagraha House - Review
The Satyagraha House is historically famous for being the residence which Mahatma Gandhi used from 1908-1909 during his stay in Johannesburg. The house is also known as the Gandhi House, and belongs to the national and historical heritage of South Africa.
It’s said that Gandhi began his war on discrimination in this house. Satyagraha means the Fight for Truth.
How To reach Satyagraha House by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Satyagraha House
- Sifiso’s Place
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Johannesburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Johannesburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Satyagraha House
47.75% of people who visit Johannesburg include Satyagraha House in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
44.45% of people start their Satyagraha House visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Satyagraha House
93.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Satyagraha House
Satyagraha House Map
Satyagraha House Trips
Satyagraha House, Johannesburg Reviews
I have been waiting years to visit Satyagraha house and was not disappointed. The feeling was being in a different vibration. It was peaceful pure and light. The staff were all so kind and helpful. It was an uplifting experience. Thank you.
What a wonderful place to learn more about M.Gandhi's life in south Africa. Peaceful hotel to enjoy with loved ones!!!
Small but v6er good place, gives an amazing insight of great man's life.
Good place to visit if you want to know Gandhi’s life in South Africa. Lots of history. Can spend at least 2 hours learning and reading about him. There’ll be a guide explaining his life in SAF for 15 minuets and then you’re free to stay around and learn as much as you want. I heard a lot of about the meals there but be aware that you have to book in advance to be able to have a meal there. Very well maintained place. Also offers lodging for folks who want to stay over night. 5 star.
Being of Indian origin, this place has a special significance for me due to it being Gandhi Ji’s residence for many years. Is it a must visit in Joburg, maybe not. But if you do have time, and you are a history enthusiast, you should come here
All QuestionsSatyagraha house
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa