How to Reach Johor Bahru
HOW TO GET TO JOHOR BAHRU
- By Air: Flights to Johor Bahru disembark at the Senai International Airport. From the airport, one can hail a taxi to reach the city centre.
- By Train: Trains connect JB to cities such as Kuala Lumpur and Kota Bharu and to the countries of Thailand and Singapore.
- By Boat: Boats from Indonesia (from the islands of Bintan and Batam) arrive at the Johor Bahru ZON Ferry Terminal.
- By Bus: The cheapest way to reach Johor Bahru is by coach. There are numerous coach operators that have daily busses driving between Johor Bahru and many places within Peninsular Malaysia. Busses also connect JB to Singapore.
- By Road: Johor Bahru is situated at the southern end of the North South Expressway, a toll highway which runs the length of Peninsular Malaysia.
HOW TO GET AROUND JOHOR BAHRU
- Public transport in Johor Bahru limited to only busses and taxis. Busses run in loops within the city. However, the bus stops are few. It is best to ask locals about the bus stop details.
- Taxis are relatively cheap and can be hailed from main roads. However, it would be best if you have your own car to drive around.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Johor Bahru. The most preferred mode of transport in Johor Bahru is Car.
Average distance: 28.09 km Average time: 36.64 min
Car 100%Driving 36.18 min Walking 0.45 min Overall average time for 28.09 kms 36.64 min